bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 6th Nov 2008, 12:05   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
US Army to invade World of Warcraft with AI

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/11...raft-with-ai/1

The US Army has announced that it is to begin testing new artificial intelligences designed for training exercises in WoW.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2008, 12:09   #2
rjkoneill
Supermodder

rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rjkoneill is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
it will only pass itself off as human if it runs around shouting LEEEEROOOOYYYYY JEEEEEENKINS!
Old 6th Nov 2008, 12:16   #3
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
It'd be priceless if they got banned for botting.

Next they'll start rolling lv1 orcs and shouting about gold for sale in the middle of Orgrimmar.. Oh no, wait, that's the Chinese army..
Old 6th Nov 2008, 12:19   #4
karx11erx
Multimodder

karx11erx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Army ... projects include ... finding ways that soldiers can play MMOs all day without getting fired."

ROFLMAO
Old 6th Nov 2008, 12:26   #5
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjkoneill
it will only pass itself off as human if it runs around shouting LEEEEROOOOYYYYY JEEEEEENKINS!
Lol, I would love to see the US Army add a command that does this into the AI.

But the real question is, how do you know who is AI? How do you know who isn't AI? How do you know you're not the only human in the game? How do you know you yourself isn't an AI? How? HOW???
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2008, 12:46   #6
kylew
Multimodder

kylew has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauul View Post

But the real question is, how do you know who is AI? How do you know who isn't AI? How do you know you're not the only human in the game? How do you know you yourself isn't an AI? How? HOW???
Hold there a second while I tighten your straight jacket and straighten your tinfoil hat.
kylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2008, 12:51   #7
LeMaltor
>^_^<

LeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If it can talk absolute drivel for hours on end it'll fit in in any clan in WoW, hell I did
Old 6th Nov 2008, 12:51   #8
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Do we get any bonus if we kill the AI's in game character?

Free M16?
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2008, 12:57   #9
UrbanMarine
Government Prostitute

UrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the DremelUrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Government funded PUGs weeeeeeee.
Old 6th Nov 2008, 13:07   #10
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauul
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjkoneill
"you see a turtle lying on the beech, its soft belly exposed to the sun. what do you do?"
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2008, 13:15   #11
Sebbo
Multimodder

Sebbo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think he really just couldn't be bothered levelling to 70 himself before Wrath of the Lich King comes out. And then there's all those achievements :-P
would love to see some more info on this sort of thing
Intel Core i7 920, ASUS P6T Deluxe, 12GB Corsair Dominator PC-12800, Sapphire HD7970, Crucial m300 120GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB, Samsung Spinpoint 1TB, Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Logitech G510 and G9, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers, Dell U2713HM 27" and 2408WFP 24" monitors
Sebbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2008, 13:43   #12
TreeDude
Supermodder

TreeDude has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why WoW? Why not CoD4 or something? It is not going to be able to interact in WoW unless it knows how to talk to immature gamers who say things like "nub" and "lulz".

I think even Planetside would be a better platform for this. They are only picking WoW for a headline rather than practicality.
TreeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2008, 14:09   #13
Tyrmot
Supermodder

Tyrmot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith
"you see a turtle lying on the beech, its soft belly exposed to the sun. what do you do?"
+1 for the quote
Tyrmot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2008, 14:24   #14
Dr. Strangelove
Supermodder

Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Strangelove is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrmot View Post
+1 for the quote
+2
Old 6th Nov 2008, 15:13   #15
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrmot View Post
+1 for the quote
+2
=3

I call bullshit, this sounds pretty stupid, If anyone finds one of these bots, I'll believe it.
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2008, 15:16   #16
salesman
Multimodder

salesman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsalesman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think its a stupid idea. One its not meant to interact with video game characters controled by humans using a keyboard and mouse, for people act retarded in wow like when everyone stands around naked while dancing. Honestly you have humans in an unnatural environment testing whether it appears human or not... damn my country's military is retarded. I think its going to be a Army recruitment bot saying things like "Gee you know whats better then playing wow playing wow for the US army". Stupid idiots.
E8400 3.0GHz | ASRock P45X3 Deluxe | EVGA 570 GTX | 8 GB GSkill memory | Crucial M4 64GB Boot Drive | 3x Samsung F3 1TB Raid 0 | 2x Samsung F4EG 1.5TB Raid 0 | Corsair AX750 PSU | Noctua NH-U12P | Antec P180 | M-Audio Audiophile 192 | Marantz PM5004 | Cambridge Soundworks Speakers | Duckey Shine | Dell U2410 |
salesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2008, 15:18   #17
Silver51
I cast flare!

Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauul View Post

One of many theories about the nature of reality.

http://www.simulation-argument.com/simulation.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulated_reality
Silver51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2008, 15:20   #18
Brooxy
Like a boss (but not a boss)

Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith View Post
Work out how it got up that tree in the first place
Brooxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2008, 16:02   #19
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It strikes me as a slight cheat to the Turin test. In wow your not expecting a bot to act remotely human so your not looking for it if your taking part in a Turin test your likely to be on guard and attempting to trip it up.
Old 6th Nov 2008, 16:20   #20
MrMonroe
Multimodder

MrMonroe has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo_mcg
It strikes me as a slight cheat to the Turing test. In wow your not expecting the actual players to act remotely human so your not looking for it if your taking part in a Turing test your likely to be on guard and attempting to trip it up.
Also I fixed "Turing."
MrMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote