bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 7th Nov 2008, 10:18   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Image hosting for Project Logs

With the forum upgrade that was rolled out today, all users now have the ability to upload photo albums (800x800pix max) to their forum account.

It's something we've been wanting to do for the modding community for a while and so when vBulletin announced this feature, we lapped it up because there was never a chance of it being abused in the same way as an upload portal.

In light of this we're hoping that you, the modding community, will find it useful when you're hosting Project Logs on bit-tech because you no longer have to worry about pictures going down if your log is receiving a lot of attention - we're taking the server load off your hands.

We've limited this to a maximum of 500 pictures per forum account for the time being, but this will be monitored over time - if there is a need to allow users to upload more pictures... we'll work out what's required and implement it.

On behalf of all of us at bit-tech, we'd like to thank you for your great contributions and we hope this will help many of you in the future when you're creating project logs!

Happy modding.
Old 7th Nov 2008, 10:38   #2
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, this is great. cheers guys.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2008, 10:54   #3
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Great, my isp will be happy now i'm not using my personal space for a public forum and I'll actually be able to see the logs at work now since they block photobucket etc.
Thanks guys
Old 7th Nov 2008, 11:00   #4
ComputerKing

ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.ComputerKing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
nice work guys

The King Of CK Appreciation Society Group
ComputerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2008, 12:37   #5
JBLPL
Minimodder

JBLPL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wonder what will says Tribal, Cheapskate or other modding maniacs ;-). ONLY 500???
BTW this is great news
Old 7th Nov 2008, 12:40   #6
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBLPL View Post
Wonder what will says Tribal, Cheapskate or other modding maniacs ;-). ONLY 500???
BTW this is great news
Hahaha, very, very true!

Tribal in particular, maybe 500 per five pages might be appropriate

OT: Excellent news for all those logs with red X's rather than sexytiem pictures

Edit: A thought occurs - What're you doing about hotlinking the images? I mean, say someone starts a log here with the image hosting, and then on a log else where they start direct linking the images hosted on BT?

I realise this is something that I should probably have asked during the testing phase, but I'm a dumbass, and only just thought about it >.>
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2008, 13:36   #7
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm not sure about hotlinking at the moment - Jamie is best-placed to know about that as he will have set limitations (if there are any).
Old 7th Nov 2008, 17:11   #8
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Did someone just call me a maniac?
This is a good start. It would be nice to use to post an occasional big pic. Maybe you could give people with a lot of rep the option for more, (1024 image size, etc...)
My photobucket is currently only at 1257 pics. I killed the 500 limit with my first log.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2008, 21:08   #9
500mph
The Right man in the Wrong place

500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Any chance we can see some metaversa pics hosted?
Kidding.
nice to see this new feature implemented.

500mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2008, 22:09   #10
Red 5
Hypermodder

Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This is nice of you. Thank you.

Now a question. Do we have to limit the picture size ourselves, or will larger pictures be automatically resized like Photo Bucket? In order not to appear completely stupid, I'm guessing it's the former.

Edit: Ah, wait, now then! I wasn't paying attention to which part of the forum I was in. Is it permissible to use the storage for the other sub-forums? e.g Latest Purchases, post your desktop, etc.?

Last edited by Red 5; 7th Nov 2008 at 22:29.
Red 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2008, 22:29   #11
brinkz0r
Hypermodder

brinkz0r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Only 500?

It's a nice feature, but I won't use it because I have lots of pictures and lots of traffic I have about 1100 pictures on my host today, and I'm at 6,6GB already for this month. But I hope for you that not all of the members will use that much traffic
brinkz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2008, 00:08   #12
mr_carl
Multimodder

mr_carl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
excellent news, I never liked the free solutions like photobucket and such they are always so slow, but now I can look foreword to at least 500 pictures.

On hold CircleButterfly Project
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2008, 01:16   #13
Stuey
You will be defenestrated!

Stuey has yet to learn the way of the DremelStuey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sounds like a great idea!!
Old 8th Nov 2008, 02:26   #14
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
Thanks, guys! Cheers!
LilyPC V.2 - completed!BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser!"Movie Sign!" - in progressCheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser!BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser!Lumière Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser!NOTalis w/ MNPCTech"Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
E.E.L. Ambiense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2008, 12:05   #15
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkz0r View Post
Only 500?

It's a nice feature, but I won't use it because I have lots of pictures and lots of traffic I have about 1100 pictures on my host today, and I'm at 6,6GB already for this month. But I hope for you that not all of the members will use that much traffic
I think there's about 4-5TB a month of bandwidth available to this service if it's required... if we need more bandwidth (or storage), we'll add more servers for the cause.

I'm out of the country at the moment, but I plan to take the feedback that's already been given in this thread and see if we can increase the maximum amount of pictures available (and potentially increase the maximum size as well, a little). I don't foresee a problem, but it'll be down to Jamie as he manages the servers/forums.
Old 9th Nov 2008, 22:17   #16
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The 500 limit can be increased if it starts to become a problem. Just use contact us page to let me know if you need more images.

Hotlinking is allowed at the moment, if it becomes a problem we might do something about it.
Old 9th Nov 2008, 22:31   #17
x06jsp
da ginger monkey!!!!

x06jsp has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The best feature of the upgrade of the forum overhall

Josh
x06jsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2008, 12:56   #18
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Is there a better upload method than doing a picture at a time its a bit dull to sit and paste links in.
Old 11th Feb 2009, 04:59   #19
slisgrinder
Supermodder

slisgrinder has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wait, how do you get pics from picasa to show up here?
WIP: SE7ENTH COLUMN (AKA: World Community Grid project)
slisgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Apr 2009, 15:24   #20
Top Nurse
Anal Modder

Top Nurse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I just checked my Photobucket account and I currently have 2,925 pictures uploaded. I hope you aren't planning on curtailing my photobucket use as bit-tech doesn't supply the amount of images I currently use. Also concerned that my bandwidth often hits 20-30 Gb a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Hotlinking is allowed at the moment, if it becomes a problem we might do something about it.
So what is the problem with hotlinking?

Project: Feeding Frenzy

Last edited by Top Nurse; 23rd Apr 2009 at 15:31.
Top Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bit-tech, forums, image-hosting, project-logs

View Mode