bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th Nov 2008, 13:31   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Canonical working on Ubuntu ARM

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/11...n-ubuntu-arm/1

Canonical has announced that it is to create a special version of its Ubuntu Linux distribution aimed at netbooks using ARM's new Cortex A8 and A9 chips.

Old 17th Nov 2008, 13:55   #2
bowman
Supermodder

bowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If ARM processors could do a better job than Atom then perhaps. So far it looks like Moorestown will be a lot more interesting, given that the only focus on high-powered ARM so far has been Windows Mobile which is junk. Nvidia's Tegra is 'focused on Windows' just like the rest of Nvidia's products so that suddenly goes from interesting to completely irrelevant. Perhaps this can change things up.
bowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2008, 14:09   #3
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
I am imagining this running on my Pandora...
Old 17th Nov 2008, 15:58   #4
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Hasn't Intel admitted their u-low CPUs suck compared to ARM's?
Definitely looking forward to the new netbooks arriving in the next months. Then again there are so many other 'gadgets' I want. Any rich (old) fella willing to sponsor me?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2008, 17:56   #5
ParaHelix.org
Supermodder

ParaHelix.org has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Long live Ubuntu and open source, 'nuf said.
ParaHelix.org is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2008, 23:08   #6
Ninja_182
Enginerd!

Ninja_182 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bah, saw this and thought of Ubuntu on my N95. Let down!

flickr?
Ninja_182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2008, 04:36   #7
dyzophoria
Supermodder

dyzophoria has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Hasn't Intel admitted their u-low CPUs suck compared to ARM's?
they suck in terms of the power consumption I believe, but performance wise, the atom processors will outperform the ARM
Old 18th Nov 2008, 06:47   #8
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
With Ubuntu ARM due to hit the shelves some time after April next year
If not April (codename "Jaunty Jackalope"), then October (codename unknown, perhaps "Killer Koala"?).
Ubuntu only releases a new version every 6 months.
IanW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arm, caronical, cortex a8, cortex a9, linux, netbook, netbooks, ubuntu