bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 3rd Dec 2008, 11:58   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The Witcher confirmed for consoles

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/12...for-consoles/1

Atari has today confirmed that The Witcher will be coming out on consoles late next year.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 12:33   #2
Jordan Wise
Baby called to see the boss...

Jordan Wise has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
As much as I hated this game, it's always sad to see pc games leaving.
Mind you, I''d love to see the filthy console tards trying to play it on their pathetic controllers

Steam ID:jordanwise
Jordan Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 13:12   #3
chiper136
Multimodder

chiper136 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelchiper136 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelchiper136 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelchiper136 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelchiper136 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelchiper136 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Wise
As much as I hated this game, it's always sad to see pc games leaving.
Mind you, I''d love to see the filthy console tards trying to play it on their pathetic controllers
That is the most stupid comment I have ever seen on Bit Tech. Do you really so much of a PC fanboy that you hate the idea of even a bad game coming for the consoles from PC. And what does 'pc games leaving' mean. I didn't realise that games could only exist for one platform at a time.

Back on topic though, I don't think it will do well being out dated by then. People on consoles will be looking for something to better Fallout 3 in the RPG arena. This won't be it.
chiper136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 13:32   #4
Jordan Wise
Baby called to see the boss...

Jordan Wise has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i said it in jest, and anyone that watched yatzees review of the Witcher would see how blantently i've referenced him. PC games going to consoles is a problem though, look at what epic have done. And I can't really call it a bad game either, just because I despised it doesn't make it bad. Loads of people in the forums love it. Sheesh.

Steam ID:jordanwise
Jordan Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 13:46   #5
Leitchy
Supermodder

Leitchy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
They port there old games to Consoles to fund better games for PC of course Well, maybe?
Leitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 14:05   #6
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
i jope they make a bucket load from this and continue to produce great games for the pc
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 14:26   #7
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiper136 View Post

Back on topic though, I don't think it will do well being out dated by then. People on consoles will be looking for something to better Fallout 3 in the RPG arena. This won't be it.
Whats outdated about it? graphics on the consoles aren't exactly cutting edge anymore.
chrisb2e9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 15:04   #8
[PUNK] crompers
Dremedial

[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
i really liked the original, i really cant see why or how they are hoping to port it though. £10 bargain bin within a month.
| Main Rig | TJ07B-W | 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | Sabertooth Z77 | 8GB Corsair Vengance | EVGA FTW 670 @ 1305Mhz | Samsung 830 128GB |1TB Samsung F3 | EK Supremacy CSQ | EK FC680 CSQ | Corsair HX650W | U2711 | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless | Xonar Essence STX | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm |
| HTPC | Lian Li Q11-B | AMD A10 5800k | ASRock FM2A75M-ITX | 8GB XMS3 2000 | 1TB Seagate | SFX 350W |
[PUNK] crompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 15:19   #9
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb2e9 View Post
Whats outdated about it? graphics on the consoles aren't exactly cutting edge anymore.
Actually they kind of still are, but the Witcher is far from nasty looking anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 20:10   #10
Huxen5
Minimodder

Huxen5 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I personally think this is one of the best RPG's ive played, its extremely rich in content and is very immersive. It's got an adult and gritty edge you don't find in many games. It's certainly a lot better than the frankly boring Oblivion, and has clearly had a lot of thought and work put into it.
Huxen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 20:12   #11
Huxen5
Minimodder

Huxen5 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
...and as far as its graphics are concerned if you run this at high settings in widescreen as i do then it looks drop dead gorgeous.
Huxen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 21:00   #12
Lepermessiah
Banned

Lepermessiah has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb2e9 View Post
Actually they kind of still are, but the Witcher is far from nasty looking anyway.

They are nowhere near still are, yuo you mental? a low priced mid range PC is more powerful these days.
Lepermessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 07:44   #13
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepermessiah View Post
They are nowhere near still are, yuo you mental? a low priced mid range PC is more powerful these days.
Define 'low price' and 'mid range'. I literally just (last week, in fact) upgraded my PC owing to a critical existence failure of the old one, and spent around £540 on:

Core2Duo 8400
4GB RAM
nVidia 9500 GT 512MB
and all the ancillary bits to make it compute.

Although the processor is pretty sweet, the graphics card is the limiting factor - I would have had to spend £200 or more on the card alone (the 9500 was £50, and is passively cooled for quiteness bonus) in order to match the framerates of my Xbox 360 in current games. There's no way in hell it'll play Fallout 3 as well as my Xbox does.

So, I could spend £200 on a graphics card upgrade to my £500 PC in order to play Fallout 3 in anything less than jerk-o-vision. Alternatively, I could spend £160 on an Xbox 360 Pro pack with HDMI output, 60GB drive, two controllers, and three or four games (I can't remember the exact bundle that was advertised on TV). My, what a difficult decision.

I play PC and console games, but for anyone with anything other than an unlimited budget console definitely has the edge right now.
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 08:22   #14
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Personally, I don't care. It isn't anything to do with the graphics IMO, its to do with which system the game was designed for and which one I'm most comfy using for that game as that's the one it will feel best on.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2008, 02:04   #15
ParaHelix.org
Supermodder

ParaHelix.org has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Game developers need to bring the PC back to life, it is by far the best gaming platform.
ParaHelix.org is offline   Reply With Quote