bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

View Poll Results: Who should win Mod of the Month for November 2008?
HAF932 by ranlai 16 14.95%
H2O-C7 by jhanlon303 31 28.97%
SpeLL7 by blackflag 27 25.23%
Mineral Oil Submerged Computer by OilPC 16 14.95%
StackArt by fflow 17 15.89%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4th Dec 2008, 11:16   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Mod of the Month - November 2008

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2008.../motm-nov-08/1

We're a few days late on announcing November's Mod of the Month contenders, but as a bonus we've arranged an extra prize for the lucky winner of this month's competition. Read, vote and tell us your thoughts on this month's contenders!

Old 4th Dec 2008, 11:43   #2
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Link for Stackart on the main page is broken.
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 11:54   #3
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemerich
Link for Stackart on the main page is broken.
thanks, fixed.
Old 4th Dec 2008, 13:05   #4
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Why the hell would you buy an new HAF932 and then only use the motherboard tray. Why not design the tray too if you have the tools.
Modders and their logic... lol
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 13:19   #5
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
I've gone for Black Flag's 343B.

Great design, and so anal about things like sleeving I can't help but love it.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 15:34   #6
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I am really having a hard time voting lol. All the modsare great, where it is design genious or a world's first (go John and Cheaps ), they are all very fantastic mods.

I am torn up between a few mods but my vote goes for John and his final mod H20-C7.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 16:04   #7
Moriarty
Evil Genius

Moriarty has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can't help but vote for someone who fits his hard drives with snorkels.
Moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 17:16   #8
Thacrudd
Where's the any key?!?

Thacrudd can run CrysisThacrudd can run CrysisThacrudd can run CrysisThacrudd can run CrysisThacrudd can run CrysisThacrudd can run CrysisThacrudd can run CrysisThacrudd can run CrysisThacrudd can run Crysis
That was a really hard vote. Great work guys, you all deserve to be there.
Thacrudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 17:19   #9
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
+1 for john, i'm a sucker for ickle baby itx mods and this ones is just plain daft .
Old 4th Dec 2008, 17:29   #10
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Sorry, guys. There's some great mods here, but I must vote for John's H2O-C7.
If he wins new modding gear, he will be forced to make another 'last' mod. -I'm trying to squeeze one more project out of him.
Cheapskate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 18:14   #11
airchie
Mod Master

airchie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm looking forward to reading more about the HDDs with snorkels!
I have a submersion-cooled PC cooking up in my head too and the HDD breather hole was the main stumbling block I could forsee.
That, and getting a water-tight seal for things like the power lead, DVI, USB etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwandrer
Being a legitimate customer of the games industry is increasingly like being in a relationship with an abusive spouse.
airchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2008, 00:13   #12
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
this was tough it was between HAF932 and Spell and well in the end I went for HAF932 by ranlai, visually just stunning the work that has been done so far.
• DimasTech Test Bench • Black ICE Triple 120 Rad • Dual Bay Res/Pump • DD Fill Port & Res • D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block • ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo • AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz • 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory • (2) AMD 6870 XFire • (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 • (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE • Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive • ASUS XONAR DX2 • 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD • (2) 23" ASUS LCD • ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER • (4) NOCTUA P12 • (2) NOCTUA P14 • 1000W ZALMAN PSU • WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 •
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2008, 00:47   #13
Langer
Jesse Lang

Langer has yet to learn the way of the DremelLanger has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
jhanlon303 4TW!
Old 5th Dec 2008, 00:49   #14
Sparrowhawk
Wetsander

Sparrowhawk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm torn between HAF932, H20C7, and Spell.

This will be a tough one.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2008, 03:30   #15
KayinBlack
Terminal is a state of mind

KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.
REALLY hard choice, but the C7 has my vote. Overkill cheesecake.

Quit chopping up the locals to make tools.-Cheapskate
KayinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2008, 05:32   #16
ModMinded
Are you throwing that away?

ModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Tough crowd. I like the addition of hardware as prize. Expect my vote on the 18th. Show me what you got fellas!
RanLai's Haf932 is an interesting mod with amazing design skills (to me, at least). The CNC mill seems like cheating almost, but he definitely has to apply his skill on the cut pieces and shows it. (I kinda think he's gonna get a big percent of the vote.)
The OilPC is a very interesting concept, and makes me want to build one. His well written almost guide like log makes me think that I can.
Jhanlon303's got Cheap's blocks, display cases, a scratch build, a great personality and history, and great log as well. I can't help but root for him.
BlackFlag's Spell7 has some great cabling, and is a huge case with a ton of HDs, so I like that, too. I have to see what's to come.
StackArt has some fantastic HD holders & plexi pieces imho, but just kinda came out of nowhere for me. I want to see more of this.
I've been watching the HAF and John's logs for a while.

Good luck all!

Last edited by ModMinded; 5th Dec 2008 at 08:57.
ModMinded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2008, 18:32   #17
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
Really good comp this month! Every single rig is awesome. Good luck to all!
LilyPC V.2 - completed! • BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser! • "Movie Sign!" - in progress • CheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser! • BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser! • Lumiθre Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser! • NOTalis w/ MNPCTech • "Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
E.E.L. Ambiense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2008, 20:32   #18
Naberius
Multimodder

Naberius has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Had to vote for HAF932 by ranlai, just for him having the balls to take on what is one of the uglyist cases available.
Naberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2008, 01:15   #19
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.E.L. Ambiense View Post
Really good comp this month! Every single rig is awesome. Good luck to all!
What he said! I read through all the logs today. Thank you Bit-Tech for the new view button.
Some really nice work being done here by all. Great new ideas and thinking.

Thank you moderators for nominating me. This is good company to be in.

Win or not, the nomination means a lot to me.

john
Old 7th Dec 2008, 13:37   #20
Thorn
Modder

Thorn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ehh my mod it not qualified

Reactor of Proxycon
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mod of the month, motm, november