bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 4th Dec 2008, 14:21   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Cooler Master shares more "Black" details

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/12...tion-details/1

Cooler Master has revealed some more details about the Black Edition bundle we revealed last month.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 14:30   #2
Jaguar_Infinity
Just some guy

Jaguar_Infinity has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks nice but doesnt black absorb/retain heat more than any other surface colour?
Jaguar_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 14:37   #3
ChaosDefinesOrder
Vapourmodder

ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar_Infinity
Looks nice but doesnt black absorb/retain heat more than any other surface colour?
yes but bizarrely enough black, and matte black especially, also radiate heat away the best as well!
ChaosDefinesOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 15:42   #4
Nictron
Multimodder

Nictron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can buy a Cooler Master Cosmos Black + HyperZ600 Black CPU Cooler + Cooler Master Black PSU 850 Watt for $800 here in SA. I received the advert yesterday.
Nictron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 15:56   #5
scarrmrcc
Modder

scarrmrcc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar_Infinity
black TRANSFERS heat the best. so if you need to cool something down, paint it black, if you need to warm it up, paint it black.
scarrmrcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 16:02   #6
airchie
Mod Master

airchie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Locks like one sweet cooler.
Don't think it'll fit in my laptop though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwandrer
Being a legitimate customer of the games industry is increasingly like being in a relationship with an abusive spouse.
airchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 16:23   #7
Cobalt
Supermodder

Cobalt has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Would be better if the bottom plate wasn't black. Lapped copper for me please
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 16:23   #8
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"the best performing CPU cooler on the market"...?

Wow... that's some claim there. I mean, they've only got three different flavours of the Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 to beat (normal, black, all copper... if you count the all copper given that it was a limited run)... wonder if they're right, or if it's just the normal marketing hype? My guess is the latter.
Old 4th Dec 2008, 16:46   #9
_DTM2000_
Senior Super Douche

_DTM2000_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That does look very nice, and I'm sure the matching case will be too. But why all this limited edition 500 units crap. I hate that sort of thing. Just mass produce it so that whoever wants one can get one!
_DTM2000_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 16:49   #10
Javerh
Topiary Golem

Javerh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarrmrcc View Post
black TRANSFERS heat the best. so if you need to cool something down, paint it black, if you need to warm it up, paint it black.
If you want to get precise about it, black color only affects radiation emission and absorption. Both get amplified by matt black. Because the cooler is warmer than the surrounding air, emission wins the day and the cooler gets cooled
Modders make project logs. Project logs make mods. Mods make modders.
Javerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 18:50   #11
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm Shifter
"the best performing CPU cooler on the market"...?

Wow... that's some claim there. I mean, they've only got three different flavours of the Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 to beat (normal, black, all copper... if you count the all copper given that it was a limited run)... wonder if they're right, or if it's just the normal marketing hype? My guess is the latter.
I'm thinking it's the latter too since we've only tested the TRUE with a single 120mm fan, whereas the Hyper Z600 only topped out performance charts with TWO fans in push/pull.
Old 4th Dec 2008, 19:18   #12
mooseguy
Crazy Moose

mooseguy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
TRUE Black anyone? =D

mooseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 20:07   #13
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
^^^ Teh sexeah.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2008, 21:36   #14
mooseguy
Crazy Moose

mooseguy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
@Nexxo It's awesome *drool* *wipes drool off nice TRUE black*
Old 4th Dec 2008, 21:59   #15
cpemma
Ecky thump

cpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDefinesOrder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar_Infinity View Post
yes but bizarrely enough black, and matte black especially, also radiate heat away the best as well!
At CPU temperature heads over ambient radiation is negligible compared to forced convection. Colour matters not a jot.

What does matter is the 2,200RPM fan. Not a low-noise sink, then.
Quote:
...people living in hot climates tend to be dark skinned, and people who live in cold climates tend to be light skinned.
This does not make sense, does it?

Last edited by cpemma; 4th Dec 2008 at 22:12.
cpemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2008, 01:02   #16
ParaHelix.org
Supermodder

ParaHelix.org has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It looks awesome but one of the things I have always worried about with such huge coolers is the weight, it looks like it would punch a hole right through the motherboard, obviously they wouldnít release them it they were heavy enough to do that but donít they bend the board at least?
ParaHelix.org is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2008, 03:20   #17
Slyr7.62
ꌣ¬Ŷ»ŘĽ

Slyr7.62 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpemma View Post
Quote:
...people living in hot climates tend to be dark skinned, and people who live in cold climates tend to be light skinned.
This does not make sense, does it?
Makes perfect sense.....
Hot climates=sunshine, which means getting tan. Cold climates usually mean less sunshine, or most skin is covered, so most cold-climate people are light-skinned since they don't always get much sun.

on-topic. I don't pay over $40 for a HS+F, usually, sorry CM. :P.

Plus, I'm not having over 800g hanging on my mobo.

Last edited by Slyr7.62; 5th Dec 2008 at 03:28.
Slyr7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2008, 04:57   #18
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
Looks cool, I guess.

Why not just paint the original one black, and save yourself some money?
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2008, 08:40   #19
Gremlin
Multimodder

Gremlin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
you never know maybe their 'enhancements' have improved the single fan efficiency of the cooler, that'd mean chuck a second fan on it and voila better cooling

but that said i recon bit-tech definitely needs to review this bundle ASAP
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Dec 2008, 19:29   #20
Horizon
Dremel Worthy

Horizon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
comments about black, that only comes into play when light is involved. So the fact that it is colored black is only cosmetic.

If you guys look at the bottom-left pic they've blocked off the gaps between the heatsink and cooler.