bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 9th Dec 2008, 12:08   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Intel releases new, free missions for Far Cry 2

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/12...or-far-cry-2/1

Intel has sponsored the release of two new new free-to-play missions for the PC version of Far Cry 2.

CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2008, 12:22   #2
DarkFear
Supermodder

DarkFear has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was not impressed with FC2 at all, but I might give this a try should I become bored over the holiday season...

Last edited by CardJoe; 9th Dec 2008 at 12:34.
DarkFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2008, 12:52   #3
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Oooh, excellent!

As for the Far Cry (1) for free, it's only for the US apparently. I couldn't get it to install.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2008, 13:06   #4
plagio
Multimodder

plagio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Both missions are totally free to play and can be downloaded in the latest patch over at Intel's Game On! site.
is there a new patch ?
plagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2008, 13:36   #5
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
no amount of patching could repair the mess that is farcry 2
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2008, 13:54   #6
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
Far Cry 2 just feels like an uninteresting FPS version of GTA4 for me........
Old 9th Dec 2008, 13:55   #7
quack
\o/

quack has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hmm, I will have to try this. New missions are always good!
Old 9th Dec 2008, 13:57   #8
Mister_X
Chaotic Neutral

Mister_X has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I quite enjoyed far cry 2 really... Repetative but entertaining enough
Mister_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2008, 14:53   #9
p3n
Hypermodder

p3n has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Reminds me of downloading the DLC for mass effect then swearing to never buy/play an addon for a ridiculously long game again!
p3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2008, 15:14   #10
pimlicosound
Multimodder

pimlicosound has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I thoroughly enjoyed FC2 on X360. If people find it boring, I can only assume it's because they didn't experiment with interesting ideas. I did missions in so many different ways, it ended up being as varied as the campaign in COD4. I never got bored and was amazed by the gorgeous open-world environment.

Two things would have made the game better, though:

1. People who don't shoot you on sight, meaning a real civilian population and a way to get through guard checkpoints by being popular with a friendly faction or by paying a bribe.

2. A persistent impact of the player's actions on the conflict. I'm thinking shifting faction territories on the map, gaining popularity with one faction over another so they don't shoot you on sight, and having to strike a balance because if one side wins the war is over too soon and you don't reach the Jackal - so on the one hand you'd want to be popular with one faction so you get more "safe" terrain on the map and maybe more arms dealers, but on the other hand you'd want to make sure you keep both sides in the war otherwise you lose in your quest for the Jackal. Now THAT would have made things more interesting.
pimlicosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2008, 15:15   #11
Cupboard
I'm not a modder.

Cupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Not a huge amount of use if you have already finished the game... but nice to see anyway
Old 9th Dec 2008, 15:51   #12
roshan
Modder

roshan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
far cry 2-boring to death
roshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2008, 19:24   #13
LeMaltor
>^_^<

LeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I binned it
Old 9th Dec 2008, 19:33   #14
[PUNK] crompers
Dremedial

[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
i play the multiplayer a little, never got through the campaign because i just found it infuriating tbh

in fact the multiplayer interface is fairly infuriating too, just an infuriating game really
[PUNK] crompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2008, 21:52   #15
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
it's a little repetitive, but it was fun
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA 660Ti - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2008, 08:49   #16
Loot3r
Minimodder

Loot3r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
im just bummed that in FC2 i can crouch...take aim.... and fire 1 shot in the head.... and still the enemy stands strong as if he just got hit by a bug on the back of his pip! FC 1 was great due to the fact that it was not trying to be too realistic!
Loot3r is offline   Reply With Quote