bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 9th Dec 2008, 13:05   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Six critical updates for Patch Tuesday

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/12...atch-tuesday/1

Microsoft has released its monthly Patch Tuesday updates, and there are six fixes for security holes rated as 'Critical' covering Windows, Internet Explorer, and Office.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2008, 17:38   #2
outlawaol
Geeked since 1982

outlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysisoutlawaol can run Crysis
Hoorah for updates! Boo for restarts!

Old 9th Dec 2008, 17:41   #3
teamtd11
*Custom User Title*

teamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can not see them on windows update yet, guess they will appear later.

I never bother restarting. just tell it to go away till i shut down at night
teamtd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2008, 18:18   #4
TomH
Bwahahahahaha

TomH has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You can just disable the automatic updates service once the updates are complete. It won't bug you then, and you can quite happily continue working until you would like to shut down.
Old 10th Dec 2008, 12:07   #5
phuzz
This is a title

phuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for president
Ignoring the Itanium versions, our WSUS server is downloading 1.5Gb of patches today, admittedly that's the full fat versions of each patch for each different OS (and another for the x64 version of each), but it still feels a bit over the top.
phuzz is offline   Reply With Quote