bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th Dec 2008, 12:16   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Mirror's Edge, Dead Space sequels planned

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/12...uels-planned/1

Despite some disappointing sales this year, Electronic Arts is planning to develop and publish sequels to some of this years key titles.

CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2008, 12:19   #2
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
dead space 2 would be awesome but it turns my blood cold when i read about all the business decisions as to if a game should get a sequal or not.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2008, 12:21   #3
C-Sniper
Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I think we need more innovation than sequels... but then again that is just me. And maybe about 90% of gaming's user base.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippoz View Post
hmm you seem to know a lot about guys.. I was wondering- if I put a piece of plywood down my pants, would that be enough to protect me from rear attacks.. like in a circus bathroom or high scale restaurant
C-Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2008, 12:34   #4
p3n
Hypermodder

p3n has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking forward to Mass effect (main story was neat, the grinding side quests were so so)
p3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2008, 12:42   #5
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hmmm, maybe if they didn't put so much DRM on their games...

At least he's not blaming piracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2008, 13:37   #6
UrbanMarine
Government Prostitute

UrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the DremelUrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can't wait for Mass Effect 2!!!!
Old 10th Dec 2008, 13:43   #7
kylew
Multimodder

kylew has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles View Post
Hmmm, maybe if they didn't put so much DRM on their games...

At least he's not blaming piracy
Devs seem to now just instantly blame piracy if their games aren't selling very well, completely overlooking the fact that their game is just crap.

I'm actually surprised they're not crying out that it's piracy's fault while threatening to get the DRM hammer out.
kylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2008, 14:07   #8
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Mass Effect was always going to get a sequel, given that the three-game story arc has already been written. It's nice to see a non-shooter FPS (Mirror's Edge) given the chance to get a sequel.

Overall, though, I echo C-Sniper's comment: fewer sequels, more original content please. Mirror's Edge was a nice breath of fresh air, more like that would be appreciated.
Old 10th Dec 2008, 14:13   #9
roshan
Modder

roshan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
mass effect well worth a sequel
roshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2008, 16:55   #10
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Spore the sequal.... hmm, where exactly do you go from the original without bascially starting again?
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2008, 17:27   #11
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
They'll do to Spore what they did to the Sims: expect to see Spore Nightlife and Spore Pets () in a Game store soon...
Old 10th Dec 2008, 17:45   #12
scarrmrcc
Modder

scarrmrcc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
don't forget Spores gone wild (in the adult section)
scarrmrcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2008, 23:17   #13
Bursar
Hypermodder

Bursar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
There's already an addon pack for Spore that features extra bits to build your creatures from.

I think part of the reason for the poor RB2 sales (at least in the UK) is a complete lack of advertising. Shops sell Guitar Hero products all day long, and have barely a clue about Rock Band. There's been no real hype of it, and the instruments still aren't available. You get the impression that they thought it would just sell itself. Guitar Hero is the brand leader (regardless of whether it's a better game or not), so they need to go that extra mile when releasing RB games. They just didn't bother.
Bursar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2008, 10:57   #14
Javerh
Topiary Golem

Javerh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How about Spore with fishes or Spore with birds? (Not just long jumps, but real flight) Also, the tribal and civilization stages were quite poor and boring. They could easily build from there.
Modders make project logs. Project logs make mods. Mods make modders.
Javerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2008, 14:09   #15
Grinch123456
Multimodder

Grinch123456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If Mass Effect doesn't get a sequel, I will be rabid with anger. I loved the first one more than my family.
Grinch123456 is offline   Reply With Quote