bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 16th Dec 2008, 16:13   #21
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_God View Post
fair enough Xtrafresh!

What we are doing for one of our Modder's is offering some components at trade, and as we are doing the paint job, i said that i would do the window etch graphics for free (with the sponsprs logos, inc ours)

That sort of stuff is acheivable.
Yes, that sounds like a perfect relationship to me. An equitable trade between business partners.
LilyPC - in progressBIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser!"Movie Sign!" - in progressCheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser!BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser!Lumière Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser!NOTalis w/ MNPCTech"Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
E.E.L. Ambiense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Dec 2008, 06:10   #22
Scirocco
Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Sad that some people are trying to take advantage of what they see as "free hardware." When I received the 8 Gb of the Crucial Ballistix Tracer Red memory for Way of the Warrior, I made darned sure to keep my contact apprised of the project status, where it was posted and how things were going. If I received an inquiry, it was replied to asap with whatever they required. And when I received 8 Gb instead of the 4 Gb mentioned, I contacted Crucial right away to return the extra as it seemed to me it was a mistake. Found out he wanted to surprise me with extra and make it all light up and look good.

By the way... for those who hadn't seen my first project, Way of the Warrior, it was purely by accident that I received the sponsorship. I was only looking to purchase the RAM as it wasn't on sale in the US at that time. Treat them right, be clear in your intentions and communications... never know what might happen.

Thanks for posting that, Bindi. Bit-tech is great and wouldn't want to see it's reputation tarnished.
Old 4th Feb 2009, 11:00   #23
Elledan
Hypermodder

Elledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run CrysisElledan can run Crysis
For a project I'm working on I intend to seek sponsorship as well. It is really nice to know that this site actively supports modders in their search for sponsors, definitely makes me glad I joined this forum

*goes off to read the linked article*
Elledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2009, 10:29   #24
Top Nurse
Anal Modder

Top Nurse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have always tried to avoid sponsorship except when the manufacturer comes directly to me. Thus I win with a good product that I chose and I'm not leery of putting my name in association with a marginal product.

I guess it plays both ways.

Project: Feeding Frenzy
Top Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Mar 2009, 17:05   #25
phinix
Say it! Who's your dremel?!

phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.
Is it ok to ask here about sponsorship? How exactly I could look for sponsorship? is it just asking every company for help or is there other way to do it? Sorry, but I was wondering how does it work..
star citizen :::
ARBITER: Origin Jumpworks 325A LTI
phinix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2009, 18:45   #26
monkey120101
My right hand is a Dremel.

monkey120101 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm guessing then that it's customary for modders not to recieve "Sorry, but you've been denied" emails?

Living Room HTPC
monkey120101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2009, 11:46   #27
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey120101 View Post
I'm guessing then that it's customary for modders not to recieve "Sorry, but you've been denied" emails?
Pretty much because often the companies get inundated with email from all sources.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2009, 11:46   #28
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinix View Post
Is it ok to ask here about sponsorship? How exactly I could look for sponsorship? is it just asking every company for help or is there other way to do it? Sorry, but I was wondering how does it work..
http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2007..._sponsorship/1
Old 13th Apr 2009, 13:54   #29
monkey120101
My right hand is a Dremel.

monkey120101 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinix View Post

Living Room HTPC
monkey120101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2009, 13:55   #30
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey120101 View Post
No I edited it in after he asked
Old 20th Aug 2009, 04:37   #31
masbuskado
Compulsive Modder

masbuskado has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmasbuskado has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmasbuskado has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmasbuskado has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmasbuskado has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmasbuskado has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sponsorship can be hard to find I never ask for sponsorship and I have like 10 Projects some unique and some extreme case modding and we sponsor the winner of April MOTM Ang3L... He was so kind and we didn't asked to much anyway... But that was us... I know that some times people ask for sponsorship just to get free stuff...!!!
Old 21st Aug 2009, 15:31   #32
DarthBeavis
Supermodder

DarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by masbuskado View Post
Sponsorship can be hard to find I never ask for sponsorship and I have like 10 Projects some unique and some extreme case modding and we sponsor the winner of April MOTM Ang3L... He was so kind and we didn't asked to much anyway... But that was us... I know that some times people ask for sponsorship just to get free stuff...!!!
I don't think it is too hard to find. Just make sure you give them credit. I keep all my plaques even after projects are finished.

I also learned the hard way DO NOT forget to mention a major sponsor if you are being interviewed on camera. Woops.
DarthBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2010, 23:05   #33
chocolateeminem
Minimodder

chocolateeminem has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Does this mean we need to get permission to get any sponsor or can we just not use their name? Because I have contacted loads of people for sponsorship and all I say is my project log is on bit-tech, is that allright?
chocolateeminem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Apr 2010, 09:32   #34
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateeminem View Post
Does this mean we need to get permission to get any sponsor or can we just not use their name? Because I have contacted loads of people for sponsorship and all I say is my project log is on bit-tech, is that allright?
No, sorry.

Companies have been informed anyone using our name in reference to the forums without staff on the correspondance will get ignored. The forum is a place for the large community we have to share mods, views and support, not to get free kit.
Old 25th Apr 2010, 10:38   #35
mrdbristol
Voided my warranty years ago

mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post

Companies have been informed anyone using our name in reference to the forums without staff on the correspondance will get ignored. The forum is a place for the large community we have to share mods, views and support, not to get free kit.
So if i explain my current project, my previous work etc. in seeking any sponsorship,

I cannot include the line " My current worklog is on the bit-tech forum here ; http;www.................... "

Because this implies official backing from bit-tech, is this correct ?

Just want to make absolutely clear

Thanks.
( Aug 08 ) : Dark Water
mrdbristol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2010, 14:50   #36
DarthBeavis
Supermodder

DarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdbristol View Post
So if i explain my current project, my previous work etc. in seeking any sponsorship,

I cannot include the line " My current worklog is on the bit-tech forum here ; http;www.................... "

Thanks.
Host it on more than one forum and mention a different forum if this site does not want you to bring Bittech to the attention of vendors. As far as I am concerned this site should ask me to link my worklogs here to my sponsors.
Old 2nd May 2010, 14:03   #37
chocolateeminem
Minimodder

chocolateeminem has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ok this is just stupid, we can't even say that we are using bit-tech for our log, I meen I understand we can't say we have their support but now i got another 20 e-mails to send! Now I know why I haven't had a reply!
chocolateeminem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 02:45   #38
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdbristol View Post

Thanks.
You should not infer that bit-tech the company and staff are supporting your mod: unless staff are on the email, there's no official backing and guaranteed front page exposure, however feel free to say you use our forum to display the mod to its hundreds of thousands of visitors. THAT shows you know the right places to go (among others) - so using the line "my worklog is here, here and here" is fine.

chocolateeminem - You haven't had a reply because you are one of hundreds and hundreds of people who also shoot those same emails. There is are forums (one notable in France, apparently) that is there JUST for people to blag stuff. They have blag competitions, so I'm told. They make up any old **** to try and wangle anything from a graphics card to a pen or poster.

We're not doing this just to be spiteful, we're doing it so we can work with the industry to benefit as many genuine people as possible. Unfortunately, despite modding continuing to increase in popularity, sponsorship has plateaued or even diminished. Many companies I talk to now do not sponsor random mods unless they commission them themselves.
Old 3rd May 2010, 05:27   #39
DarthBeavis
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
You should not infer that bit-tech the company and staff are supporting your mod: unless staff are on the email, there's no official backing and guaranteed front page exposure, however feel free to say you use our forum to display the mod to its hundreds of thousands of visitors. THAT shows you know the right places to go (among others) - so using the line "my worklog is here, here and here" is fine.

chocolateeminem - You haven't had a reply because you are one of hundreds and hundreds of people who also shoot those same emails. There is are forums (one notable in France, apparently) that is there JUST for people to blag stuff. They have blag competitions, so I'm told. They make up any old **** to try and wangle anything from a graphics card to a pen or poster.

We're not doing this just to be spiteful, we're doing it so we can work with the industry to benefit as many genuine people as possible. Unfortunately, despite modding continuing to increase in popularity, sponsorship has plateaued or even diminished. Many companies I talk to now do not sponsor random mods unless they commission them themselves.
cool . . .
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:28   #40
mrdbristol
Voided my warranty years ago

mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks Bindi.

Crystal clear
( Aug 08 ) : Dark Water
mrdbristol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bit-tech, modding, mods, sponsorship

View Mode