bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 19th Jul 2011, 19:58   #101
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks for paying attention Antony.

Some of us who are looking for small sponsors aren't as worthy as some of the bigger dogs in the community. This might help that we aren't just looked over or turned a blind eye to.
------------------------------------------------------
Razer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2011, 20:29   #102
Gentleman_Dingo
Supermodder

Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus View Post
I've literally just answered an email from a well-known manufacturer asking if I new someone who was asking for sponsorship. I hadn't and couldn't find any previous work either - these companies do need that evidence if you're not going to be the one chasing.

Why? Why? Can't I mod faster to establish a body of work?!?!? Curse these slow stubby fingers and a job that eats up 9 hours of my day!!!!!
Gentleman_Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2011, 22:06   #103
DarthBeavis
Supermodder

DarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run Crysis
good article on modding in August issue of CPU Magazine (free online). Myself and few other pro-modders helped out
Old 29th Jul 2011, 18:42   #104
lucifer1306217
What's a Dremel?

lucifer1306217 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
As a sponsor we have both been approached by and approached modders. It's not something we do often and each mod is taken on its merits. We've never had anyone being "matey" or having to suck up to get sponsorship, we sponsor on merit because frankly sponsoring a proven modder gets better results (for us cut-throats and vultures that is). These proven modders are without doubt massive modding enthusiasts, pillars of the modding community and in most cases bona fide artists! Not whores hell bent on getting free stuff as has been suggested in this thread so far.
lucifer1306217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2011, 09:53   #105
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
who are you? Like, your company?

This have been said before on page 4. http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost....1&postcount=69
Old 30th Jul 2011, 10:13   #106
chrismarkham1982
amateur destroyer/Head not well

chrismarkham1982 is definitely a rep cheat.chrismarkham1982 is definitely a rep cheat.chrismarkham1982 is definitely a rep cheat.chrismarkham1982 is definitely a rep cheat.chrismarkham1982 is definitely a rep cheat.chrismarkham1982 is definitely a rep cheat.chrismarkham1982 is definitely a rep cheat.chrismarkham1982 is definitely a rep cheat.chrismarkham1982 is definitely a rep cheat.chrismarkham1982 is definitely a rep cheat.chrismarkham1982 is definitely a rep cheat.
hhmmmmm.....virtually the same word for word in the first part of the post...something fishy there me thinks
hard or soft to suit your taste

Sony Vaio SVE1513Q1EB (I5 3230m, 8GB DDR3-1600, 128 SSD/750GB HDD) - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1...now the Wife's...she dosn't seem to appreciate it - Nexus 7 Gen 2
chrismarkham1982 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2011, 10:30   #107
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Old 30th Jul 2011, 10:38   #108
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer2007 View Post
who are you? Like, your company?

This have been said before on page 4. http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost....1&postcount=69
Well spotted, +rep for that dude.

I might actually try an experiment. As I've said I before I mod because I enjoy it., not for what I can get out of the hobby. What I might do is spam all the companies that get involved with modding on these forums and see what kind of response it get from them. What do think lads, worth a go just to see what happens?
bulldogjeff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2011, 10:46   #109
Razer2007
Building Proxima

worth a go. You can't loose anything. Link to all you previous work too. Don't spam them. Just send a friendly email to as many companies as possible
Old 30th Jul 2011, 10:51   #110
bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
worth a go. You can't loose anything. Link to all you previous work too. Don't spam them. Just send a friendly email to as many companies as possible
Thats what I meant, send a friendly email...lol
Old 30th Jul 2011, 11:01   #111
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogjeff View Post
Thats what I meant, send a friendly email...lol
oh
Old 1st Aug 2011, 17:02   #112
Gentleman_Dingo
Supermodder

Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.
I just sent a friendly email to a possible sponsor today. (crossing my fingers)
Old 1st Aug 2011, 19:45   #113
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Good luck. Can't remember how many I have sent. Stuff is so stupidly expensive here in stupid South Africa that I need help. You'll understand when I say I'm 17. I have been lucky twice now.

These 2 sponsors will appear in my next project. Will start in about a month I guess.
Old 1st Aug 2011, 20:42   #114
Gentleman_Dingo
Supermodder

Quote:
Good luck. Can't remember how many I have sent. Stuff is so stupidly expensive here in stupid South Africa that I need help. You'll understand when I say I'm 17. I have been lucky twice now.

These 2 sponsors will appear in my next project. Will start in about a month I guess.
Actually, I just got a response back. They said they'd be happy to help and they're checking stock for what I requested. I'll post the sponsor information as soon as the details are completed.! Yay!!!!
Old 1st Aug 2011, 20:46   #115
bulldogjeff

Going back to what I said about emailing people, I would have a clue who to start with or even what department to aim it at
Old 1st Aug 2011, 21:28   #116
Gentleman_Dingo
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogjeff View Post
Going back to what I said about emailing people, I would have a clue who to start with or even what department to aim it at
I would second this. Building a rapport or a relationship with a sponsor, representative of that sponsor, or someone that works with that sponsor sounds like the fastest track to getting sponsored yourself.

While being personable by itself probably won't get you sponsored, it couldn't hurt your chances.
Old 19th Aug 2011, 19:11   #117
phenoptix
Multimodder

phenoptix has yet to learn the way of the Dremelphenoptix has yet to learn the way of the Dremelphenoptix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1306217 View Post
As a sponsor we have both been approached by and approached modders. It's not something we do often and each mod is taken on its merits. We've never had anyone being "matey" or having to suck up to get sponsorship, we sponsor on merit because frankly sponsoring a proven modder gets better results (for us cut-throats and vultures that is). These proven modders are without doubt massive modding enthusiasts, pillars of the modding community and in most cases bona fide artists! Not whores hell bent on getting free stuff as has been suggested in this thread so far.
Maybe this is the sincerest form of flattery?! Twas my post cut and pasted! Someone has given them rep for it too!
phenoptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2011, 15:10   #118
Razer2007
Building Proxima

^ LOL.

Congrats monkey. All about timing I guess (That applies if you are NOT a super famous modder)
Old 8th Jan 2012, 18:04   #119
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Are sponsors willing to wait? And how long?

I am would like to have sponsor for my project,but it will be finished in six months.
Maybe even one month if I find free time for it.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2012, 18:09   #120
Razer2007
Building Proxima

When I got some of my sponsors I told them it will only start in a few months, and finish over a year or so.

IMO, the longer the worklog takes (provided occasional updates) then it's better. More views = more exposure. So say you take 2 months and do it in 8 updates, vs. doing it in 6 months and putting in more detail and less progress in each update, but still around 20 updates, you'll get more views.

But this is only if you want to keep a sponsor happy. Modding isn't about sponsors - it's about what you do.

Tags
bit-tech, modding, mods, sponsorship

View Mode