bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 7th Jan 2009, 00:50   #1
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Mod of the Year 2008 Winner Announced

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2009/01...er-announced/1

It's been a very, very close battle for 2008's Mod of the Year competition, but there can be only one winner - check inside to see the results!

Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2009, 01:02   #2
frojoe
Multimodder

frojoe has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
We better see some great new mods out of these guys in the coming months, they have to do something with all the gear they won. Congrats to the winners.
frojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2009, 01:06   #3
slugbug
Going Broke Saving Money

slugbug has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Congrats guys, those were some awesome mods.
slugbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2009, 01:19   #4
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This really was a tough decision year.
Congrats to all the winners and a special congrats to ALL who were nominated. All were worthy.

john
Old 7th Jan 2009, 01:27   #5
LordPyrinc
Legomaniac

LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Congrats to all the winners!! Though I hadn't followed the top three winners, I was a big fan of the BSG mod. Was hoping it would win mod of the year.

Intel i7-920 @ 2.66GHz - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz - Windows7 64bit
2 x 150GB WD VelociRaptor HDs (RAID 0) - 1TB WD 7200 rpm HD - 60GB OCZ SSD - 1TB WD External USB HD
2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti 2GB Superclocked (Dual SLI) - Razer BlackWidow Ultimate KB
Cooler Master HAF 922 - Antec 850W TruePower Quattro - 27" Samsung S27B550 LED Display
LordPyrinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2009, 01:45   #6
Multiplectic
Beef Potato Wheelman

Multiplectic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Didn't Nick win last year too? With Yuugou?
Old 7th Jan 2009, 02:16   #7
Jojii
hardware freak

Jojii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wow I didn't vote for anybody in the top 3. guess my tastes are a bit different. Ahh well good job to the winners. enjoy the phat lewt.
Jojii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2009, 03:48   #8
craigbru
Now... with more CNC!

craigbru has yet to learn the way of the Dremelcraigbru has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Congrats to all entries! Win or lose, I'm glad to be a part of such a great community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbed13
'to cram everything in the box, you must think outside the box'
craigbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2009, 04:25   #9
[WP@]WOLVERINE
Supermodder

[WP@]WOLVERINE has yet to learn the way of the Dremel[WP@]WOLVERINE has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Id like to send out a huge thanks to Bit-tech and all who voted for me. I am very happy with the third place because i honestly didnt think that id get top three finish with so many amazing mods in the running. Coming in third in a modding contest on bit tech is a huge honor because this truly is the home of the best modders in the world. And once again....

THANKS!!!!!
Intel i7 980X EE | 6gb HyperX 2ghz DDR3 | Asus P6T Deluxe OC Palm ed | Asus 7950 DCII | Corsair HX1000 | SB X-Fi Fatality | 5.1tb storage+2xX25M 80gb SSD | Lian Li pc201 | 3xBenQ G2420HDB@Eyefinity | Ms Natural 4000 | Corsair M60 | Logitech Z-5450.
[WP@]WOLVERINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2009, 05:50   #10
Stuey
You will be defenestrated!

Stuey has yet to learn the way of the DremelStuey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Haha, when don't Nick's mods come out first?

I really didn't appreciate having to register for a newsletter in order to vote - that was kind of cheesy. Oh wells.

And congrats to all the winners!
Old 7th Jan 2009, 06:32   #11
greensabbath
Got Wood?

greensabbath has yet to learn the way of the Dremelgreensabbath has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have to send a huge thanks out to everyone who voted for me in this competition (and who voted and general) and I really am grateful of the support that everyone has given my mods. I also have to thank the bit-tech staff and the bit-tech community for once again making this the best place for modding in the world.
greensabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2009, 06:39   #12
Cyprio
G5 Supermodder

Cyprio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuey View Post
Haha, when don't Nick's mods come out first?
That's cos they are drop dead gorgeous.

A HUGE thanks to Bit Tech for their on going support for the modding community and of course to everyone who supported AppleCoreDuo over the past two years and voted. A victory for 'bedroom modding' i think!

Have a great 2009 all.

Stav. aka Cyp.
Cyprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2009, 06:57   #13
Boddaker
TRON CAT!

Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.
Wow, 4th place! Ah well, maybe next year they will offer prizes for the top 5 lol. Thanks for all the votes everyone! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by my brother
Is the name "Neptune's Trident" something you came up with? I can't see how a planet and chewing gum are related.
Boddaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2009, 08:28   #14
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Yay! A worthy winner if there ever was one! [In my opinion at least ]

I knew it would be tough to hit top 3 rankings this year but I'm a bit sad about how Sinuskurve finished. Well, another year another chance for everyone.

And who knows, maybe once I moved to Austria and settled down for longer than 10 months I might even start my own mod. Because all those mods involved in the MotY [and those hundreds 'just' lurking around on the forums] are inspiring.

Congratulations to all who won! And all who took part in general!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2009, 09:25   #15
StephenK
Sneak 'em Upper

StephenK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Woo! My top 3 won, and in the right order. Congrats to the winners and the other excellent modders who took part. Was a very high standard this year! Cyber Beeers!
Intel e6600 - 4gb Corsair Twin2X 6400C4 DDR2 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro + Silver 5 - Gainward GTX260 Golden Sample 896MB - Dell U2410 + iiyama E2200WS - Black Coolermaster ATCS 840 - Corsair HX620 - Asus P5B Deluxe - 1tb F3 - 1tb F1 - 320gb T166 - X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Creative Inspire T6100 - Razer Lycosa and Razer Mamba
StephenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2009, 09:49   #16
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
I need to get the top three's address' this week because I need to arrange getting the kit to you (this will be a task and a half!)
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2009, 16:05   #17
Cyprio
G5 Supermodder

Cyprio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
I need to get the top three's address' this week because I need to arrange getting the kit to you (this will be a task and a half!)
PM'd you Rich.

Cyp.
Cyprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2009, 17:40   #18
Mino
Ganzerli Mino

Mino has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Congrats Nick, and if you plan to come an other time to Italy, you'll have a free dinner with me :-)
Old 7th Jan 2009, 19:34   #19
LightStar
Minimodder

LightStar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
gratzz all
Old 7th Jan 2009, 20:41   #20
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Congratulations guys! I knew Nick would win again, Just like I know he will win next year.
I'd like to thank the (two) people who voted for me.
Being considered one of the top mods on the planet is a huge honor! I never thought my lowly P4 would make it this far. Thanks, Bit Tech!
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote