bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

Old 10th Jan 2009, 07:40   #1
mfaridi
Minimodder

mfaridi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Best software for detect hardware problem

Can I find best software can detect hardware problem and show me
for example I see my Voltage of RAM or mainboard have problem . and give me many information about hardware ?
mfaridi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2009, 09:30   #2
ModMinded
Are you throwing that away?

ModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I liked everest when it was free. Now there's a fee.
Check out the sticky on must have software.
Old 11th Jan 2009, 09:40   #3
K2V
What's a Dremel?

K2V has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
when first assemble a pc, recommended running memtest from http://www.memtest.org/
Antec 900, Asus P5K Deluxe, E6600 2.4GHz OC @ 3.6GHz 1.472V, OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC Edition - 2GB, GeForce 8800 GTS 320M, H2O Cool: External Homemade H2O case, 1 x PA120.3 with 3 x 14cm Aerocool fans, Swiftech MCP655, D-Tek Fuzion CPU, EK-FC8800, Gemstar Flowmeter RFO-2500P, Front Display: 2 x ThermalTake CL-W0033 and 1 x Matrix Orbital LK204-24-USB
K2V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2009, 10:27   #4
mm vr
The cheesecake is a lie

mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mm vr - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModMinded View Post
Check out the sticky on must have software.
In the past, there were three versions of Everest; Home, Corporate and Ultimate. Home was free and the others costed. Now, they have dropped support for Home, and the last version of it doesn't really support any new (>2006) hardware. Ultimate is still regularly updated, though.
mm vr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2009, 12:11   #5
ModMinded

ModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm vr View Post
In the past, there were three versions of Everest; Home, Corporate and Ultimate. Home was free and the others costed. Now, they have dropped support for Home, and the last version of it doesn't really support any new (>2006) hardware. Ultimate is still regularly updated, though.
Yeah, I found that out when I tried to run an old install package of it on a newer pc.

Mfaridi, I gave you incorrect info... there is no sticky for must have software for pcs (don't know why, but there is one for macs.)
The overclocking guide lists some good system info programs (like cpuz and hwmonitor.)
Old 11th Jan 2009, 17:11   #6
cpemma
Ecky thump

cpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysis
Quote:
Mfaridi, I gave you incorrect info... there is no sticky for must have software for pcs
Look in Tech Support where this thread rightfully belongs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfaridi
for example I see my Voltage of RAM or mainboard have problem

But never trust software for reliable board voltages.
Old 12th Jan 2009, 06:09   #7
ModMinded

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpemma View Post
Look in Tech Support where this thread rightfully belongs.

*Snip*
Aha... I was pretty sure I hadn't imagined the existence of that sticky...
Old 12th Jan 2009, 13:51   #8
cpemma
Ecky thump

cpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysis
Quote:
The free version 2.2 is still available from Major Geeks but is unsupported, pretty old now and may not recognise new hardware.

SiSoft Sandra Lite 2009 is more up-to-date and free for home use. HWMonitor free and small footprint but lacks full sensor coverage on my board. PCWizard (same site) is a poor man's Everest, bit buggy last time I tried it but it's in active development and free. Get CPU-Z while you're there.
Old 12th Jan 2009, 14:00   #9
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
best software to find a hardware problem, windows BSOD, works pretty well at highlighting a problem! lol!
Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote