1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News America's Army 3 announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Jan 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. identikit

identikit Minimodder

There was an AA2?!

3. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

haha love the picture

4. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

The only thing the picture is missing is an Arrow for the soldiers inpromptu bow (I'm sure someone can photoshop one in) and a funny caption.

5. n3mo

n3mo What's a Dremel?

Big, nasty propaganda tool.

6. Comet

Comet What's a Dremel?

Americas Army was a great propaganda tool. Some may criticize the concept of using a game as propaganda but fact is it served its purpose quite well. The return they got from investing in building this game was much bigger than any other Army publicity campaing. I'm from Europe and fact is this game had a good result here in Europe. It ended up being a good tool to gain some support from non US citizens too. There was little to no bad comments on the way the project was conducted here in Europe. Actually it was quite the opposite. The Americas Army game ended up being a tool of unifying the US and its allies (even some non allies). It was good publicity on the army values and its inner principles. But this achievement could never have been acomplished if they didn't deliver what is even today one of the best tactical shooter experiences. Its online ranking features did up the stand on what we look for in an online FPS. I'm anxious to see what they have in mind for this instalment.

7. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

good graphic, good action, and free.

i might have to swallow the propaganda part and enjoy the game!

8. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Yep. For quite a while (about 4-5 years). Current version is 2.8.4.

9. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Whether you like its use as a propoganda tool dont matter when I play AAO I really enjoyed it, has a very steep learning curve but if you hang in for a week or 2 you get the hang of it and its good fun.

10. TurtlePerson2

TurtlePerson2 What's a Dremel?

The first one was America's Army: Operations. The sequel was America's Army: Special Forces.

11. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I'm not too bothered by the propaganda message here; if you're playing military-themed FPS you're already setting yourself into an Army of some description, and it's not covert or anything - they're upfront about it. This is no different to product placement in movies or books and much less underhand...

12. clumsy_culhane

clumsy_culhane Minimodder

I really enjoyed Special Forces... then i found cod4. But ill download and see what its like.

13. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

certainly worth a look i reckon, i very much doubt i'll start having urges to join the american army

14. RallyRoach

RallyRoach What's a Dremel?

I loved playing AA:SF when I discovered it. I was a mediocre FPS player up until then. Playing AA forces you to think about tactics (how to enter a room, cover, keeping your teammates location in mind), and since friendly fire is so damaging, you have to be really sure and accurate about shooting. And no fricken' ray-guns! I spent months (years? lol) on end playing that, finally gave it up when COD4 came out (graphics + hard-core mode). But I still miss it, I'll be watching to see when its avail.

Oh, and I'm Canadian :)

Tags: Add Tags