1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Fallout 3 DLC

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Rocket733, 29 Jan 2009.

1. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

Well I was a bit excited to go and get Operation Anchorage. Of course this excitement turned to frustration when I realized it's only coming through Windows Live, this frustration further increased when I realized MS is being stupid and requiring everything to be paid in Points and not just straight dollars. Inevitably the number of points that are sold together aren't equal to the cost of the expansion so I'd have left over points not being used. So now instead of a situation where Besthesada & Steam (if they had the DLC) would have gotten a quick $10 (or whatever the actual cost is since I don't know the current MS Point to $ conversion) they get a slightly annoyed user.

2. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

I went to get this myself and i'm equally frustrated. I don't have a visa / mastercard so looks like i'll have to get it else where ;/.

3. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

Exactly. It's the same problem EA ran into with Spore. When the official method of distribution requires significantly more frustration and effort than alternatives then it's no surprise that people choose other options.

4. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

To buy the DLC it's 800 MS points which is $10 so it should cost $10

Remember that there are 2 other DLC coming out in the next few months so extra points could be used there

5. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

and if you don't have (or want to use) a credit card you can get 2x 400pt cards with a code on to enter (it'll probably work out cheaper too, as some places sell the cards for less than you'd pay directly through microsoft).