1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubi: No DLC for Prince of Persia PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Feb 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Yeah, instead of trying to grow the PC market by giving PC gamers more reason and content to buy a game, lets give console players the goodies and leave Pc out, then complain about lack of sales. Does anyone else see the irony in all this?

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Well, I wont be buying another ubisoft game for the PC again...

4. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I actually bought this game for PC when I found it cheaper on 360 because I wanted to support the PC market and the fact they hadn't placed DRM on the product. Gee it all feels worth it now, thanks Ubi. Here's hoping this gets sponsored 6 months down the line, I would like a greatly expanded ending very much. If not I guess I'll just stick to buying games off Valve, the only games company that actually seems to value their customers...

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Pangs a little bit of content that should have been there in the first place TBH

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

[rant]

Dear Ubisoft:

Shove this game up your ***.

sincerely sincere.
    DXR

[/rant]

sorry, had to do it...

7. Narishma

Narishma What's a Dremel?

Well the reason is pretty simple. As they said it's a business decision. Console players are used to pay for DLC, whereas PC players aren't. It wouldn't surprise me if they release it on PC in say 6 months once they milk the console players of all their worth. :p

8. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

It is sad how many people pay 10 bucks for such rot, hell, Epic charges 10 bucks for 3 MAPS, 3 maps in gears, console players follow along like dumb sheep, lol. Ms charges 800 Ms points just to chaneg your gamer tag, pathetic.

9. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

wait they charge you to change your gamer tag? wow I was annoyed by the idea of paying for live but to charge extra for something like that... seriously?

Well glad I havnt bought and ubi games lately nor will I if issues like this keep poping up. DLC is a easy way for developers to not finish a game anyway but only giving it to consoles as well...

10. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

Im going to buy this 2nd hand to screw them over!

Hahahahaaa

11. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

How soon before the latest consoles become obsolete by newer consoles? When will the PC become obsolete?

As long as newer DVD or BluRay drives still play CDs, I can still play all my games on a PC.

I want games to stay where they should... on a platform that can do much more than just play games. How many console gamers also own a pc? How many pc owners own a console?

12. Florian

Florian Minimodder

It's a pretty clear case to me. Console players are used to paying for DLCs like that, PC players aren't. Ubisoft wants to make some money with the DLC. They could either release it DRM-free, as with the base game, and hope that PC players won't pirate it (because they'll argue it's not worth the money, and after all, they already bought the game!), or release it with DRM and get the bad press from "breaking their word" after touting the game as DRM-free.

Seems like a logical step to skip the PC release at this time and maybe offer it as a free download a few months down the road.

13. console ke chudi

console ke chudi What's a Dremel?

it's not the new.they have once brought prince of persia rival sword,revodalation(sry f bad word) and now pro+something stupid.whichever it is, always PC gaming places itself in highest point.Many console came,many exclusive contents or games sales.
    all have been chuda hoiacha By emulation.Do u here SECA? ur god of war is now PC!! without PS2!!.as same way pal, u don't need
    psp to play revodalation or rival dhon .use dolphin & emulate.same way we will have pcsx3.then amra sobai ubisoft keo condom charai kutta dia chudbo(nejar dhoner somman ase naa!) jamon akon pcsx2 dia sony ke goamara ditasi.

14. console ke chudi

console ke chudi What's a Dremel?

i do not have a dhonsole and i do not wish to own such ass.whichever DLC may arrive i m happy with pc edition.

Tags: Add Tags