bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 15th Feb 2009, 11:03   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
House of the Dead: Overkill

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/wii/2...rkill-review/1

Joe's been laughing his ends off lately at Sega's latest take on the House of the Dead series for the Wii. It's about as politically incorrect and rude as you can imagine, with more cleavage and swearing than a distressed supermodel. It turns out the gameplay is pretty good too.

Old 15th Feb 2009, 16:52   #2
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Did you manage to get a good hands on with the "Hand Cannon" adaptor? If so I don't see anything about it.
I'd really like to know if its one I should bother with

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2009, 18:31   #3
itazura
PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

itazura has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
glad to hear it's excellent -- really looking forward to getting a chance to play this!
itazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2009, 18:32   #4
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I tried it at a Sega event where I picked up the code and, I have to say, I really like it. It's way better than a zapper. Big, cartoony and heavy, with good balance. The Wii mote straps in the top and it looks like a huge magnum .357. It's good, and cheap. I didn't mention it much in the review as I only had about a half hour with it, but there is a link on the last page.
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2009, 18:35   #5
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The link on the last page is an article for Ghost Squad?

Thanks though Joe, I'll probably get one of the official Magnum ones then. I'll see if I can locate them cheaper than 10 each though, maybe even a replica of it through the 'bay could be in order.. I'm so tight :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2009, 19:07   #6
heir flick
Hypermodder

heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.heir flick is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
i would have liked the same as the australians, they got the bang bang box set that came with two hand cannons
heir flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2009, 23:03   #7
Skutbag
Supermodder

Skutbag has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Blasted through both story and directors cut mode in a couple of days with my girlfriend- short but sweet, quality writing and basically more consistent gameplay than previous HOTD's or even the Resi-on-rails Wii game out recently. The gun periphals seem sturdy and can be used with all other gun games on the Wii- but it won't ruin the game if you dont have em. One sentence review? Geniunely funny for a videogame- not just in the cutscenes but during play- and thats pretty rare in itself.
I'll take this opportunity to list some great games that may have missed your attention: Alpha Centauri, Max Payne 2, XCOM 1, Supreme Commander, a Rogue-alike of some description, Open Transport Tycoon, Psychonauts, Beyond Good and Evil, Homeworld 2. At least Google one- It'll be worth it.
Skutbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2009, 23:15   #8
boiled_elephant
I actually like Doom 3.

boiled_elephant is definitely a rep cheat.boiled_elephant is definitely a rep cheat.boiled_elephant is definitely a rep cheat.boiled_elephant is definitely a rep cheat.boiled_elephant is definitely a rep cheat.boiled_elephant is definitely a rep cheat.boiled_elephant is definitely a rep cheat.boiled_elephant is definitely a rep cheat.boiled_elephant is definitely a rep cheat.boiled_elephant is definitely a rep cheat.boiled_elephant is definitely a rep cheat.
It's not so rare for house of the dead, though. Did you ever play HOTD 2? Oh, god. It was just...special. I loved that game so much.

I could never tell if it was tongue-in-cheek or unintentionally funny, but it didn't matter. It was absolutely hilarious. If it was a film, MST 3000 would have done a feature on it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_8AEaAFuDM
Normally, though, your hobbies are profitless and you spend your youth cramming them
into the pauses between 8-hour shifts of restless tedium, waiting for retirement.
boiled_elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2009, 00:21   #9
Skutbag
Supermodder

Skutbag has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Humour in HOTD has always been kind of unintentional, so it's not so crazy for overkill to just take that and run like hell with it.

In HOTD2 where Goldman gives his little lecture near the final boss- every word is just chewed out.

And though I'm not really one for patriotism- hats off to the the UK based Headstrong games for the development- I'm sure times are tough so I hope it goes well for em- god knows the government doesn't seem to recognize a growing creative industry when it sees one.
I'll take this opportunity to list some great games that may have missed your attention: Alpha Centauri, Max Payne 2, XCOM 1, Supreme Commander, a Rogue-alike of some description, Open Transport Tycoon, Psychonauts, Beyond Good and Evil, Homeworld 2. At least Google one- It'll be worth it.
Skutbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2009, 05:04   #10
Otto69
Supermodder

Otto69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I just got this tonight. Along with a .45 semi-auto type plastic wiimote holder. So far I've only played about 10 minutes, but it's like I'm in a rail shooter with zero control over where I can look; is that what the game is? I've also got some serious problems with the game ignoring my aiming in the sections where I have to rescue a civilian. I can't get the crosshairs to activate. I'm about 6' from the TV...is there some minimum distance, or something, that's horking me?

If I can get past the aiming issues this will be a hilarious game to play. Definately a drinking game.
Otto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2009, 07:48   #11
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It's an on-rails shooter again yes. You'd need to move close or far enough away for the sensor bar to pick everything up, as usual. For me thats about 4 or 5 feet from the screen.
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote