1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GTR dev to sue Need for Speed: Shift team?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 19 Feb 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

current nfs's suck i wouldnt want to be linked to it either lol
    i cant see this being an kind of serious racer

3. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

its not hard to add a 'simulation' physics option to make the game more realistic and challenging - this is pretty well done in motogp08 - the arcade mode is dumb but you can learn to tracks, shifting gears etc - the simulation takes some hefty concentration to keep to the racing line.

4. FreQ

FreQ What's a Dremel?

I'm a regular GTR2 driver, so this is up my street.

I agree with Slightly Mad Studios. This is a strange claim from Simbin, as it is well known that the original Simbin team split up after creating GTR2 and went their seperate ways (forming the new Simbin & Slightly Mad Studios). Claiming to the contrary sounds ridiculous.

That fact that there are still so many sim racers who race GTR2 shows how good a product it was, the new Simbin games like Race07 and GTR Evo have not been as well received by the hardcore racers as GTR2 was or indeed RFactor. Maybe the best talent went to Slightly Mad and Simbin are still sore?

Whatever, strange statement from Simbin. :eyebrow:

5. choupolo

choupolo What's a Dremel?

I've noticed that too. That Simbin seem to have been merely making iterations of the same product since Ian Bell and his crew left. Games after RACE, although still great fun, seem to have lost the magic that the GTR games had.

Maybe Simbin are just annoyed they didn't get credited along side SMS in the offending article.

Tags: Add Tags