bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 25th Feb 2009, 09:44   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Empire: Total War demo on Steam - it's a slice of win-cake

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2009/02...ce-ofwin-cake/

Shouldn't that be cheesecake?
Old 25th Feb 2009, 12:34   #2
nicae
Multimodder

nicae has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've pre-ordered E:TW, and haven't downloaded the demo as we're so near the release!

Which C2Q are you running? I'm wondering if E:TW will miss the extra cores on my E8400. Let's see!

The Z-Buffer bug must be something localised or driver-related. If you search for gameplay videos on Youtube, you'll notice it doesn't seem to happen with others. Maybe it's AA related?

The game seems fun! Can't wait!
C2D E8400 :: PNY 8800GT 512MB :: 2x2GB G.SKILL Pi Black DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 :: Asus Maximus Formula :: WindowsXP SP3 :: 2x320GB HDDs RAID0 :: Zalman CNPS9500 LED :: OCZ Freeze :: SevenTeam ST-550PAG 550W
nicae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2009, 12:40   #3
Tyrmot
Supermodder

Tyrmot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Agreed, the 'marching lines' are a nice touch and definitely help when telling units to move around somewhere compared to earlier games. The scrolling is way too slow yes, I'm assuming (hoping?) that there will be options to change this in the final product. I found the need for formations a lot more interesting/important than before, a 'thin red line' of infantry volleying musket fire into the yankee cavalry did a much better job of breaking them than my initial tactic of trying to bayonet them!

I would suppose that the variable ship speeds are firstly for realism's sake but also I can see where if a ship got separated or something you might want it to set full sail where your main fleet is only moving at half-speed or so? You also need to slow down to unleash a nice broadside on the frogs as well...

I was running an E8500 @ 3.6Ghz, 6GB RAM and a stock 8800GTX with the same settings and got no slowdown at all so I'm v happy! Was wondering if I'd have to push the OC a bit further for this one until now
Tyrmot is offline   Reply With Quote