1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News TF2 Scout update fully unveiled, released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 26 Feb 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Last night was epic fun as a pyro :thumb:

Personally i'm not to interested in the scout class or the updates, however from playing last night against scouts, I noticed that scouts using the energy drink could also dodge a flame thrower which I thought was a bit OTT, but we shall see, its just a matter of learning new ways to tackle the changes.

3. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

Not really, think of it like when you move your hand through a bunsen burner

4. GFC

GFC What's a Dremel?

Already got all 3 new weaps.. the sandman (bat n ball) is probably the best, because it has 100% stun and 5% ragequit ability on the person it hits. xD

5. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

What, you get 1st/2nd degree burns? :p

6. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

i have 1 more achievement to get Bonk - I'M A FREAKIN' BLUR!

7. WolfGuy

WolfGuy What's a Dremel?

And, if you call now, he'll throw in a FREE shamwow!

8. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Scouts fall easy to flareguns,

[​IMG]

9. KoenVdd

KoenVdd What's a Dremel?

Actually Bonk doesn't increase your speed, it just makes you invulnerable for a while with slow down after words. Think of it as the agents or Neo in the matrix, they don't run faster but they can still dodge bullets.
    But indeed, grand time as pyro right now, though the sandman is less fun when you're on the receiving end.

10. Vimesey

Vimesey What's a Dremel?

Its a shame so many people jsut get the achievements by farming them straight away, i think half the fun is in slowly getting them through genuine play.

11. NightrainSrt4

NightrainSrt4 What's a Dremel?

^ Seriously. I've been maining Scout for the last few months and now it seems I can't play him on any server I frequent because everyone and their brother wants the unlocks, even when they've never played Scout for anything more than mere moments.

12. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

13. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

lol refering to its stopping power maybe.

I got all my achievments prety quick cause of course I want the unlocks, the sandman is really good especially now without any damage reduction to the bat itself, the forceAnature works well and balances out not having a double jump from the sandman perfectly.

14. KoenVdd

KoenVdd What's a Dremel?

The problem I have with the achievements is that I can only play the game occasionally, in the year that I've got the game I think I haven't gotten more than 20+ hours on it. For me to unlock any of the unlocks would require me to play that class normal for more than I've played the game in total. I'd like it if they gave the weapons for free or just a few achievements so it wouldn't take that long for people who just want to enjoy the occasional game of TF2 without being held back vs. the pro-geeks. It would make the achievements also more meaningful. Maybe give away the unlocks once all classes are updated or just vary the cost based upon how often you play the game. Maybe for every day/week that you played and got at least 1 achievement that you get a few bonus unlock points so you don't have to play a lot and get lot's of achievements to get the unlocks.

15. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Sound interesting but why are they charging for something that used to be free until Valve bought the rights?

16. KoenVdd

KoenVdd What's a Dremel?

What used to be free? TFC or rather TF:Quake? I think that Valve has added enough to the whole game and invested enough in development to be allowed to charge for it. TFQ may have been an excellent free mod, but modders couldn't keep putting out this kind of quality content regularly for free, made in their spare time. Just be happy for those modders that Valve has hired so they can improve their skills in a favorable environment and get paid for it.

17. Vimesey

Vimesey What's a Dremel?

Its a completely different game, you can only compare the two on rough idea and name really, i mean all teh calsses style and whole idea behind things is different. Its like comparing fallout 3 to fallout 1, there the 'same' thing in name but completely different experiences.

18. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

i couldn't begin to tell you how many pyro's i killed who came after me thinking they'd get a free kill.

Many claim the force of nature is broken b/c the reload is way to short or it's too underpowered, let's see you spend more 50% of your time reloading the damn thing, the only thing that probably rivals that is the rocket launcher, except the rocket has that potential to score a kill each shot; maybe but it's enough to kill any class except a heavy, soldier, demo, backburner pyro in one clip. That's another merit it only takes 2 shots instead of 3-4 shots. The knock-back is too underwhelming,almost non-existant,(it stacks tho) to be practical.

I still need more practice with it, but I love taunt killing snipers just too funny.

19. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

KoenVdd & Vimesey. I thought they were charging for the update (xpak type thing). I didn't know the $9.99 was for the full TF2 game.

Team Fortress Forever is a fun and quality mod just doesn't have a big name label.

Tags: Add Tags