bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 8th Mar 2009, 10:45   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Antec's new P183 and P193 on show

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...u-done-antec/1

CeBIT 09: And the award for successfully butchering a product line goes to Antec for the P183 and P193. URGH!
Old 8th Mar 2009, 10:53   #2
ry@n
Ultramodder

ry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysis
Dear god.. that thing on the side is icky

What is that material on the drive bays?

- Dual Loop i7 Stacker Left Handed? CLICK HERE -
ry@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2009, 11:41   #3
MiNiMaL_FuSS
ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
urg nasty!
Old 8th Mar 2009, 12:12   #4
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ah well at least it will save some time not having to review them...
Old 8th Mar 2009, 12:35   #5
LAGMonkey
Group 7 error

LAGMonkey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
out of the two i prefer the P183, Although on the proviso that you never open the bay doors!

So as a Server case it wouldnt be too bad, can i assume there is massive ammounts of space in the P183 to fill with Hard Drives?

As for the P193, humm....not even a dark corner of my basement will stop me thinking about that "growth" on the side. ill give creit where its due tho, it was a nice attempt. it just needs the "growth" on the other side and the P193 will have stubby wings!

http://www.xkcd.com
100% Brainless]
LAGMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2009, 13:29   #6
edzieba
Supermodder

edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.edzieba is definitely a rep cheat.
A damn shame. I was thinking of upgrading my ageing P180 to a P190 for the increased room, but a) it looks like it barely got a release without any PSUs, and b) is out of stock everywhere anyway.
edzieba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2009, 13:41   #7
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
glad i bought my p182 at £80 one and half year ago.

so p193 is now the same size as p183, just with an added side fan??
Old 8th Mar 2009, 13:48   #8
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Makes me wonder if I should splurge out money on the P182 as quickly as possible after all, even though it's risen in price here of late.
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2009, 14:27   #9
Trefarm
No matter what... It's all good

Trefarm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Are they going to be selling the 'filters/blanking plates' as extras? I'd put them in my 182...
193's side is an abomination, I'd say an Engineering solution rather than Design.
Old 8th Mar 2009, 14:29   #10
ParaHelix.org
Supermodder

ParaHelix.org has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sorry to say this but they do both look like crap.
ParaHelix.org is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2009, 15:24   #11
bigsharn
Officially demotivated

bigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysisbigsharn can run Crysis
I thikn I speak for everyone when I say

Antec... what the hell are you thinking?
Old 8th Mar 2009, 15:24   #12
Gremlin
Multimodder

Gremlin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What the **** happened, did Antecs designers defect to Coolermaster or something? (just look at how sexy their new high end cases all are) Antec's designs are on the wrong side of ****ing ugly by several hundred miles lately, they just have all been looking cheap and crappy
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2009, 15:25   #13
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
MY EYES!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2009, 15:43   #14
Xenith
Minimodder

Xenith has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i have a p182, and the p183 definitely is not an upgrade from that! that is one terrible looking case..
Old 8th Mar 2009, 16:02   #15
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Well this is just two more places I don't have to spend money on!
These weren't released - they escaped!

john
Old 8th Mar 2009, 16:07   #16
LeMaltor
>^_^<

LeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quiet and cooling is what I look for in a case, who on earth cares how it looks!
Old 8th Mar 2009, 16:09   #17
glenster
glenster

glenster has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The CP-850 power supply has been on sale for awhile, and the P193 is on sale in some countires. Please have performance reviews of them.
glenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2009, 16:50   #18
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Time to buy a P182 quick!

THe P183 isn't bad but it still can't compare.
Old 8th Mar 2009, 17:17   #19
cpemma
Ecky thump

cpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysiscpemma can run Crysis
One of the things I instantly disliked about the Mini P180 was the door design. Now they've repeated the unclean look on the mid-tower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me (on Mini P180)
What could have been a classy case spoilt in several areas. I don't like the holes in the door (first thought was, "Why six front USB ports?")
Old 8th Mar 2009, 17:19   #20
HandMadeAndroid
That's handy.

HandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the DremelHandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the DremelHandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My name is Darth Case, I have come to take over the universe.
i7 3770k, Asus P8Z77-I , 16gb Patriot 1866 ddr3,EVGA 670FTW, Bitfenix Prodigy,crucial M4 128ssd,western digital black 2tb storage, wacom intuos/ i7 sandy bridge kobalt 17" laptop,120ssd, 8gb crucial ram, 500gb7200 WD storage drive, nvidia 555m 3gb/64gb iPad 2
HandMadeAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote