bit-tech.net

Old 9th Mar 2009, 14:26   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The Curse of Darwinia

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2009/03...e-of-darwinia/

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2009, 14:46   #2
UncertainGod
Ultramodder

UncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Damn, that is about as depressing a note as you could have possibly mustered, if I didn't automatically shun people with xboxes I would tell them to buy D+.

PSN ID: Sp4rkR4t
UncertainGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2009, 15:02   #3
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'll probably buy D+ since I've not had a chance to play it on the PC.
Old 9th Mar 2009, 15:08   #4
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I played the multiwinia demo but i never really got on with it can't really say why though i really enjoyed darwinia.
Old 9th Mar 2009, 15:20   #5
Rlan
What's a Dremel?

Rlan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd imagine the announcement of Darwinia+ being both Multiwinia and Darwinia would have hurt it, considering these games tend to retail for 10-15USD, while you were selling Multiwinia for 20 on Steam.

I do hope Darwinia+ Sells well on Xbox Live Arcade. The unfortunate thing is that XBLA games still don't sell rediculous amounts of software. You're lucky to get 50,000 sometimes.
Rlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2009, 15:38   #6
Hamish
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Hamish has yet to learn the way of the DremelHamish has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
multiwinia wasnt really that great tho tbh, personally found it pretty awkward and confusing

DEFCON however is/was awesome!
Hamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2009, 16:09   #7
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
I haven't played Multiwinia, and I must admit that it's the first Introversion title I haven't bought.

I'll be recommending D+ to all my 360-owning friends, if only to try and be sure that my favourite devs carry on for at least a little while longer.
Old 9th Mar 2009, 17:28   #8
mooseguy
Crazy Moose

mooseguy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I didn't really get on with the Multiwinia demo...

Uplink was awesome though, and one of my favourite games ever.
Old 11th Mar 2009, 09:55   #9
Garside
Supermodder

Garside has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I did the defcon review a few years back and thought it was a sumptuous game. It came close to being an epic, though it didn't have the replayability of something like Civ or the Total War games. Can't quite put my finger on what exactly that game needed.
Garside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2009, 02:32   #10
fathazza
Freed on Probation

fathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very interesting article, i tried the demo of darwinia but it wasnt really my thing...

Garside as to Defcon, it needs a projector and a totally blacked out room to really give it that extra megalomaniacal edge

keep up the good work Introversion

I may be fat but at least I am not Ginger
"The President is no longer a cross-eyed Texan warmonger, unelected, inarticulate, who epitomises the arrogance of American foreign policy" - Boris Johnson
fathazza is offline   Reply With Quote