bit-tech.net

Old 11th Mar 2009, 11:31   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Ikonik RA X10 SIM

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cas...0-sim-review/1

Today we take a look at new start-up manufacturer Ikonik's flagship case, the RA X10. With a premium price tag and packing an insane 13 separate cooling fans powered by an innovative fan control system, can this aluminium colossus deliver? We find out.

Old 11th Mar 2009, 12:33   #2
Cadillac Ferd
Multimodder

Cadillac Ferd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm all for supporting new companies trying to make their way in a tough market but honestly... you want me to pay $350 for a case AND YOU'RE STILL GOING TO PUT CHEESY PLASTIC CRAP ON IT?

What the hell guys, better luck next time.
Cadillac Ferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2009, 12:40   #3
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac Ferd View Post
I'm all for supporting new companies trying to make their way in a tough market but honestly... you want me to pay $350 for a case AND YOU'RE STILL GOING TO PUT CHEESY PLASTIC CRAP ON IT?

What the hell guys, better luck next time.
QFT

And what's with the SHINY aluminum interior? Even a brushed finish woulda done the job.
Although that means very little in present company :P
stonedsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2009, 12:44   #4
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
90mm fans all around. why not 120mm with room for quad water cooling? 90mm spacing is useless in cases, also bring de PSU to the bottom, ditch the whole topsection and replace with a roof that has about 60mm space above motherboard to fit rads+fans.

Its just a Epic fail in my book. And knights armor helmet thingy as a door? Doors are so ninetees. come on think of something better. Gimme a call I have hundreds of ideas to make a case better, infact you can contact anyone in the casemod section on BT, yeah thats right we actually make a expensive case look more expensive when we are done! Damn what the hell are the so called case designers thinking about when designing a PC case... Probably "space1999" reruns....
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2009, 12:56   #5
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
doors..... fail. but thats just my personal taste.

and that many fans means that many possibilities of failing hardware and replacement, not to mention the power it uses...
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA 660Ti - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2009, 12:57   #6
JonDixon
Decking is the new modding

JonDixon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
For that price the case should have a lot more features:

* Large beverage holder
* Tail fins
* bubble domes
* installed shag carpet
* PC speaker that plays "La Cucaracha" on startup

Rizeon S97V-GT - Awesome Gaming Laptop
JonDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2009, 13:57   #7
The Bodger
Supermodder

The Bodger has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDixon View Post
For that price the case should have a lot more features:

* Large beverage holder
* Tail fins
* bubble domes
* installed shag carpet
* PC speaker that plays "La Cucaracha" on startup
Lol... love it!! (Starts rummaging in drawer for dremel and cutting slab of carpet out from under the wardrobe in the spare bedroom)
The Bodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2009, 15:19   #8
JonDixon
Decking is the new modding

JonDixon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well if its good enough for Homers' car then its good enough for my PC

Rizeon S97V-GT - Awesome Gaming Laptop
JonDixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2009, 20:00   #9
fathazza
Freed on Probation

fathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
finally! A case uglier than my HAF932

I may be fat but at least I am not Ginger
"The President is no longer a cross-eyed Texan warmonger, unelected, inarticulate, who epitomises the arrogance of American foreign policy" - Boris Johnson
fathazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2009, 22:38   #10
naokaji
whatever

naokaji has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
285 for a case that still has so much plastic? are they nuts?

Also, if they would have used 4x120 fans at the bottom instead of 4x80 at bottom and top it would be far more appealing for WC.

Quote:
Opportunity is like delivery by DHL, it does not come to you, you have to track it down and chase it
naokaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2009, 01:41   #11
wolfticket
Downwind from the bloodhounds

wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.wolfticket is definitely a rep cheat.
Am I the only one that thinks the 6/10 score may be a little *ahem* generous

But hey, it's not like I have looked at the case personally and in the end it is a subjective decision

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought."
Dorothy L. Sayers (1893 - 1957)
wolfticket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2009, 02:05   #12
FIBRE+
I *am* a Dremel

FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Wow. I looked at the case first thinking it was another 60 wannabe high end case then noticed the retail price. I think they're aiming a tad too high, it looks ugly and cheap, the layout isn't that great and whats with all the fans.

You can't polish a turd, but you can try and sell one for 285

FIBRE+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2009, 12:51   #13
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well the fan controller software seemed to work pretty well, they should sell the unit as a seperate product, they'd make some cash outa that.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2009, 18:28   #14
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
Well, Ikonik doesn't have a clue about the current case market do they?..Maybe they need to hire somebody who does.

or focus on making cooling fans instead..lol
Old 13th Mar 2009, 19:59   #15
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpctech View Post
Well, Ikonik doesn't have a clue about the current case market do they?..Maybe they need to hire somebody who does.

or focus on making cooling fans instead..lol
Well their design team is ex-Gigabyte and others, so they should, although Gigabyte cases have never really been desirable tbh...

Shame really, so much potential.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2009, 17:37   #16
Bluefan
test 123

Bluefan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think the GPU stress test doesn't really represent the cooling capablilities. The airflow directions are probably designed for the average gpu cooler. This asus card neerds airflow from a complete different directions (front to back), as the cooler is in the cpu area instead of the expansion slot area, which may just be very good cooled by this case.
Old 30th Jan 2010, 23:26   #17
shaffaaf27
The budget builder

shaffaaf27 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
sorry for the lateness, are you going to review the watercooled version?
shaffaaf27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2012, 00:41   #18
Felstriker
What's a Dremel?

Felstriker has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Found this review today. Sad to see you write that the top is made of plastic when it is sandblasted aluminium in a very elaborate shape. Even if the review is old you need to revise it.
Felstriker is offline   Reply With Quote