bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 18th Mar 2009, 22:14   #1
philipd
What's a Dremel?

philipd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Clio immobiliser troubles

hi can someone tell me how too bypass my clio immobiliser the sensors have broken off so i can start it . it a 96 clio
philipd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2009, 23:00   #2
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
What do you mean the sensors have "broken off" ?
Old 18th Mar 2009, 23:36   #3
Brooxy
Like a boss (but not a boss)

Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.
Without the sensor, the immobiliser cannot be bypassed unless you are a professional.

The roof sensor only receives the signal and passes it to the ECU. The ECU in the car is what actually decodes the signal.

if you hunt around on ebay, you should be able to find a new receiver eye for under 50. It just clips into the roof.

If you are dead set about getting it disabled, there is a firm in the midlands that you can mail your ECU to (they will provide instructions to remove it) and they will disable it for you - it costs about 100.

I don't have the address on me, but send me a PM if you need it and i'll find it on my work machine at somepoint this week.

Also can you provide pictures of snapped - i might be able to assist you in a makeshift repair guide...
Brooxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2009, 11:38   #4
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I love this post, signing up for a computer forum and asking how to hotwire a car!
Old 19th Mar 2009, 12:13   #5
Brooxy

Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.
It could be genuine - for that age it would be a MK1 Clio, which do have immobiliser issues - mainly through water ingress through the arial / sunroof.

I would know, bought an old one for 200 quid and spend a Saturday cleaning the IR receiver with WD40 and fixing the roof so it wouldn't happen again - two months on it's still ok so hopefully it'll stay that way - only problem I have is the range is a little bit short, but I can live with it....
Old 23rd Mar 2009, 21:22   #6
philipd
What's a Dremel?

philipd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
immobiliser 96 clio

the sensors have broken off the ciruit board i want to sell the car on as i have got a new 1 but no-one wants a car that wont start
philipd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2009, 21:29   #7
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Grab a soldering iron and jam them back on?

Otherwise you'll have to go down a scrappy and change the ECU/immobilizer control.
Old 23rd Mar 2009, 23:47   #8
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipd View Post
the sensors have broken off the ciruit board i want to sell the car on as i have got a new 1 but no-one wants a car that wont start
I used to drive a late 90's Citroen that had one of those type of immobys... hes talking about the circuit board sticking out of the extra key that has a socket next to the ignition... sorry mate but if you've broken that theres nothing you can do but get it replaced with another immobilizer assembly. And that's going to take a mechanic or at the very least an electronic engineer.

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Mar 2009, 09:23   #9
Brooxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
I used to drive a late 90's Citroen that had one of those type of immobys... hes talking about the circuit board sticking out of the extra key that has a socket next to the ignition... sorry mate but if you've broken that theres nothing you can do but get it replaced with another immobilizer assembly. And that's going to take a mechanic or at the very least an electronic engineer.
Nope with a MK1 Clio there are 3 infrared receviers on a circuit board just in front of the sunroof - the connection on them is a tad flimsy. My bet is he's lost those.

All you need to do is get a new receiver eye, and clip it in - you need to remove the plastic surround/ light assembly which is easy enough, unplug the old one and plug the new one in

Have you got any pics of the damage?

View Mode