1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News First Internet connected magazine launched

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 24 Mar 2009.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

So, basically, what you are getting is a perfectly normal magazine with some kind of code on page 2, which you can scan with some kind of gadget to get online articles?

Revolutionary. Err... not.

3. Nicb

Nicb Let's discuss among ourselves

What if you just can't let go of the past? What if you take a simple magazine make it complicated and combined it with the internet and force people to buy a $70 reader and it becomes a flop? What if instead of your magazine living on forever it is forgotten immediately after doing this? What if the difference between written and digital text finally becomes extremely costly and free?

:duh: What are they thinking? Lets make the cost of reading our magazine's complete content even more expensive since people are drawing away from our mag. The last thing I would want to do is buy and set up a gadget to read a magazine. When I can just come to Bit-Tech or look up the vast amount of info out there thats way cooler than any 50 page mag.

Bit-Tech your doing it right. They should just sale the printing presses and do what your doing. :thumb:

4. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

So it's a demo disk.

But online.

CRAAAZZZZYYY!!!!

5. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

I want a high-res, foldable oled/ E-ink / next big thing - screen, with the capability of playing videos and a wifi or 3G sim connection, so I can post comments on the go. This way you get the benefits of access to the latest news and interactivity, combined with print media's lightweight portability and eye friendly text, all without having to trawl through the largely subjective, narcissistic and utterly moribund crap that is Twitter

6. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

XD

7. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

Online Interactive Content: You're doing it wrong!

Bit-Tech brings great news online, and a publication that's doing the offline/online mix in the tech world is Maximum PC. Recently they overhauled their website to put up alot more content along with PDF versions of past issues.

8. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

So what's stopping people from going into the french version of WHsmiths with their net book and scanner thing and using the tag without paying? no ones going to notice a net book or something stuffed inside a jacket.

9. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

Well it has certainly given them publicity thats for sure. Ive read about this all over the net.

However, this is no different really than printing a web address on page 2, and asking their readers to simply type in the link. Hardly revolutionary now is it.

Over the years we have had free booklets, additional magazines, cover tapes / disks / cd's / dvd's, and even free USB leads!

I wonder what would it really take for me to subscribe to a print magazine ???
    Not much really.. I already subscribe to pc pro, custom pc, pc plus, and mac user.

Nothing beats reading them on the train/toilet etc!

However, it would be great if all subscribers got say a 5% discount for purchases from hardware companies like scan... now that would be good.

10. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

In addition to all the comments above, a 700g magazine? That seems to be quite a lot to me.

11. rhuitron

rhuitron Bump? What Bump?

Yeah. I agree with Aterius Gmork.

This looks just like the Radio Shack Bar code reader.

It's really quite dumb.

12. Stormwulf

Stormwulf A mod to far?

Is it not fair to also mention that with a magazine the content is usually a month out of date by the time it hits the shelves?

Net is cheaper, has more places to check on the same info for more objective views and is up to date.

13. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

It's the :Cue:Cat all over again!

Tags: Add Tags