bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 6th Apr 2009, 09:54   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Rumour: Google to buy Twitter

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...o-buy-twiter/1

Rumours are flying that Google - fresh from the demise of its own micro-blogging service, Jaiku - is in talks to buy Twitter for upwards of $1 billion.

CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2009, 09:55   #2
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Didn't one of the Google board call twitter a "poor mans email"?
2008 Mondeo estate
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2009, 10:13   #3
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Google Ads on twitter would make it annoying I think. Especially if they went down the Intellitxt route.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2009, 14:15   #4
TGImages
Grandpa

TGImages has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I admit I have never tried it... on the other hand I also don't really see the point. Mini messages? About all there is room for is telling people what you had for lunch and frankly I don't care. Reporting news this way is also pretty pointless... all you have room for is a headline which results in having to go somewhere to see the full story... at which point I will just us an RSS feed which at least isn't limited.
TGImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2009, 14:42   #5
monkey_spank
What's a Dremel?

monkey_spank has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have just been reading up on Googles interest in Twitter and i couldn't help but notice this piece that was written on April fools day, gotta say i have to commend the creativeness of the article, the concept was so belivable along with the reasoning behind it! http://news.idealo.co.uk/news/5486/g...-for-700m.html
monkey_spank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2009, 16:18   #6
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
eh its no surprise although I find Twitter to be pointless to be honest.
DimasTech Test Bench Black ICE Triple 120 Rad Dual Bay Res/Pump DD Fill Port & Res D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory (2) AMD 6870 XFire (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive ASUS XONAR DX2 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD (2) 23" ASUS LCD ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER (4) NOCTUA P12 (2) NOCTUA P14 1000W ZALMAN PSU WINDOWS 7 PRO 64
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2009, 16:27   #7
notatoad
pretty fing wonderful

notatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i'm pretty sure this exact rumour was floating around the blogs last week, and everybody decided it was bullcrap.
Old 6th Apr 2009, 22:00   #8
quack
\o/

quack has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, a little behind are we bit-tech? 3 days ago it was known that Twitter wasn't even in talks.