bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 7th Apr 2009, 10:04   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Spammers ramp up for Easter

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...p-for-easter/1

Spammers are increasing their efforts as Easter approaches, with the percentage of messages rated as spam the highest since McColo was shut down.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2009, 10:20   #2
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've had 2 spam emails in the past month (both from some asian printers). I've used the same Hotmail email account for the last 12 or so years.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2009, 10:54   #3
ORB13
What's a Dremel?

ORB13 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah 423 emails in my g-mail spam folder, who can beat that?
ORB13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2009, 11:01   #4
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Oh, I think I can beat 423...
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2009, 11:10   #5
ORB13
What's a Dremel?

ORB13 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Dam!! Yeah, that just might do it.
ORB13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2009, 11:16   #6
frojoe
Multimodder

frojoe has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You know when you log into your bank account and you see a message and picture you personally chose? I don't see why websites couldn't do this with their email so that you could identify the real from the fake. Tbh I've never had a fake email make it past my spam filter, but if all of my emails that really came from each site had a small personal message I could be sure they were legitimate. Could be a pain to set up, but completely possible.
frojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2009, 14:22   #7
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
I deleted over 1000 e-mails in my gmail spam folder just the other day.
Old 8th Apr 2009, 01:59   #8
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
i get 5 to 10 a day on hotmail. Most of them end up directly in the junk folder but some manage to go through and it's useless to try and block them manually because it doesn't do anything
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2009, 06:33   #9
Tulatin
The Froggy Poster

Tulatin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I miss having English speaking spammers, to be honest. These days, it's just russian and chinese mails to my work account. Around 100-120 a day that get IN to the box, then another 200-300 that get filtered as spam. *Sigh*
Tulatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2009, 06:38   #10
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I've gotten lately, 3...and that's being generous.