bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 9th Apr 2009, 12:12   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Will Wright leaves Maxis

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...leaves-maxis/1

Sims designer Will Wright has left EA Maxis to head up a new gaming think-tank called Stupid Fun Club.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2009, 12:15   #2
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
"Seeding his spores" elsewhere...?
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2009, 13:04   #3
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael- View Post
"Seeding his spores" elsewhere...?
Hahaha!

I just thought of "Wil Wright Wanders Wayward" but that's stretching things.

"Wil Wright Wanders to seed Spores elsewhere"?
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2009, 13:04   #4
AlexB
Web Nerd and WC Addict

AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.AlexB is definitely a rep cheat.
Did he walk, or was he pushed as spore was so bad?
Whenever I smell asphalt, I think of Maureen. That's the last sensation I had before I blacked out; that thick smell of asphalt. She said she'd fix my bike. Free. No strings attached. I shoulda've known then that things were never that simple. Yeah, when I think of Maureen, I think of two things: Asphalt, and trouble.
1: Intel I7 2600k, ASUS P67 Pro, 16gb Corsair, AMD 7970 (3gb), Corsair 256gb SSD
2: Intel I7 2600k, ASUS P67 Pro, 16gb Corsair, Nvidia 680GTX (4gb)
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2009, 13:20   #5
Deadwolf
Minimodder

Deadwolf has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hell of a name for a project!
Deadwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2009, 13:49   #6
UrbanMarine
Government Prostitute

UrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the DremelUrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
He came up with a new idea and the evil EA empire told him to leave.
Old 9th Apr 2009, 13:57   #7
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMarine View Post
He came up with a new idea and the evil EA empire told him to leave.
So is that Wil Wright Wanders as Evil EA Empire...

:P
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2009, 13:58   #8
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
I'm hoping that he left out of shame

Given the huge disappointment that was Spore, I don't think I'd trust anything to come out of his thinktank - apart from advice on how to massively overhype a game, then sit back and watch the dollarpounds roll in.
Old 9th Apr 2009, 15:02   #9
interzen
Real men use chainsaws.

interzen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
I'm hoping that he left out of shame

Given the huge disappointment that was Spore, I don't think I'd trust anything to come out of his thinktank - apart from advice on how to massively overhype a game, then sit back and watch the dollarpounds roll in.
Personally, I don't think that he's done a decent game since SimCity (or maybe I'm the only person who doesn't 'get' The Sims etc.) - I'd totally gone over to console gaming by the time Spore came out, but having played it on a friend's machine I was convinced that I'd made the right decision.

I don't think that Will Wright is a major hype-meister (surely that title belongs to Peter Molyneux) but if it's ever announced that Molyneux is going to work for Will Wright's 'think tank' then I can be fairly confident that Apocalypse won't be far off :-)
interzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2009, 16:55   #10
Faulk_Wulf
Internet Addict

Faulk_Wulf has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nah he'll just teach the movie industry to break their movies into 12 "expansions", releasing one a month for a year.

Though I had hoped it was related to Alice 3 development since they are going to be using the Sims 2 engine in the next iteration.
Faulk_Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2009, 18:26   #11
cheeriokilla
Multimodder

cheeriokilla has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulk_Wulf
Nah he'll just teach the movie industry to break their movies into 12 "expansions", releasing one a month for a year.

Though I had hoped it was related to Alice 3 development since they are going to be using the Sims 2 engine in the next iteration.

you got to be shitting me... not a better engine?
cheeriokilla is offline   Reply With Quote