bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 9th Apr 2009, 14:02   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Acer: Android not suitable for netbooks

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...for-netbooks/1

Acer has confirmed that, despite product testing being ongoing, Google's Android platform isn't yet suitable for netbook devices.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2009, 05:56   #2
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
Would Android work with an ARM system, such as nVidia's Tegra?
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2009, 06:10   #3
notatoad
pretty fing wonderful

notatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
yes, the G-1 is an arm device. tegra might have some other stuff in there that doesn't have drivers, but android definitely works on arm.
Old 10th Apr 2009, 14:56   #4
rembo666
Minimodder

rembo666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I own a G-1 and while I like Android a lot, it's not a fully mature package yet. It's kind of nice for me as a techie to see a system in constant evolution, but I don't imagine most consumers share my sentiment. On the other hand, it's another linux-based system, which has a benefit of probably higher adoption rate (don't quote me on this) than say gOS, even though it work only on one platform. I wouldn't call it a Windows competitor, but it's definitely a viable system for netbooks, especially if they start producing lower-cost, super-high-battery-life ARM-based netbooks.
rembo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2009, 15:57   #5
leexgx
CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

leexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
G1 needs bigger batt (that i have soon)
i7-920 (4Ghz) <> Titian ferna <> Rampage extreme III<> GTX480 <> 6gb 3x2gb OCZ Gold 1600 <> SSD M225 256gb / segate .11 1.5TB <> X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty <> TK 1000w Toughpower <win7 x64> GreenFrog Computers Warrington
leexgx is offline   Reply With Quote