bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 22nd Apr 2009, 12:07   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
AMD losing less money than last year

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...ults-q1-2009/1

AMD reveals its financial results for the first quarter of 2009, showing an increase in revenue from CPUs and smaller losses than last year.

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2009, 12:13   #2
Fod
what is the cheesecake?

Fod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run Crysis
er, yay?
Old 22nd Apr 2009, 12:52   #3
DraigUK
Multimodder

DraigUK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great news?

AMD lost a load of money last year but this year they are still losing money, only less of it?

They should have a word with Darling they seem to be of the same optimistic mindset when it comes to budgets.
DraigUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2009, 13:59   #4
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Am I the only one happy for them?
Old 22nd Apr 2009, 14:18   #5
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I say good on them for playing it safe and not making any rash divinations.

Shame they still lost money of course, but given the economy of the day I say very well done!
Skiddywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2009, 14:48   #6
mclean007
Officious Bystander

mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraigUK
Great news?

AMD lost a load of money last year but this year they are still losing money, only less of it?

They should have a word with Darling they seem to be of the same optimistic mindset when it comes to budgets.
Heh. Yeah, it reminds me of the future echoes in the Red Dwarf novel, where Holly puts the ships engines on full reverse thrust, but because they're going so fast, the ship is still accelerating, just not quite as quickly as before.
Old 22nd Apr 2009, 14:55   #7
p3n
Hypermodder

p3n has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclean007
Quote:
Great news?

Heh. Yeah, it reminds me of the future echoes in the Red Dwarf novel, where Holly puts the ships engines on full reverse thrust, but because they're going so fast, the ship is still accelerating, just not quite as quickly as before.
I wonder if AMD's board uses the term 'smeg' to describe their situation, hahha
p3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2009, 15:34   #8
mclean007
Officious Bystander

mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3n
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclean007
Quote:
Great news?

I wonder if AMD's board uses the term 'smeg' to describe their situation, hahha
Deep, deep smeg.
Old 22nd Apr 2009, 19:28   #9
Dreaming
Supermodder

Dreaming has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
According to my admittedly limited research I am predicting that the general economy will hit 'bottom' within the next 6 to 12 months. Certainly we are starting to see the stabilising effects lower prices are having on reducing contraction so hopefully then things will start to pick up and I expect AMD to broadly follow the trend.

Although when I say my research is limited I really mean it is very limited, it's just looking at different sources due to an undergraduate project I'm doing lol.

C2D E6300 @ 2.8 | | Abit IP35 Pro | | 4GB Corsair XMS2 800 | | BFG 9800GT OC 1GB | | Antec NeoHE 550 | | Lian Li PC A05B (with top blowhole mod) | | LG 32LH4000 + Samsung 226BW 22"
Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2009, 22:44   #10
naokaji
whatever

naokaji has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
When the economy goes down the drain people buy the cheaper stuff, since amd has dropped prices for cpus more than intel and dropped prices for gpus more than nvidia its only common sense that they did not loose too badly during the crisis.

Quote:
Opportunity is like delivery by DHL, it does not come to you, you have to track it down and chase it
naokaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2009, 23:09   #11
Red 5
Hypermodder

Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Red 5 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
1. Lose less money
3. Profit
Red 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Apr 2009, 00:44   #12
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
well it makes since that they lost less money this time around as they have the better Price to Economy suckage then Intel does so ya Im hoping that next time around they are in the green.
DimasTech Test Bench Black ICE Triple 120 Rad Dual Bay Res/Pump DD Fill Port & Res D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory (2) AMD 6870 XFire (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive ASUS XONAR DX2 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD (2) 23" ASUS LCD ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER (4) NOCTUA P12 (2) NOCTUA P14 1000W ZALMAN PSU WINDOWS 7 PRO 64
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote