bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Custom PC and bit-tech Folding Team

Old 30th May 2009, 00:32   #41
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by loner1994 View Post
go highly oc'ed e5200(3.9)

/snip/
Grats on that alone! And welcome!

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 05:38   #42
boiled_elephant
I actually like Doom 3.

boiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I've just got one core of my E8400 going with a regular client, but I've also got the GPU client eating up my 4870 - do GPU clients factor into this list at all?

edit - oh, duh, there's a separate thread for GPUs

So, another 1 from me (I only run one core's worth of CPU client, rather than using both, because I run GPU client alongside it and that uses a good chunk of the CPU as well.)

Normally, though, your hobbies are profitless and you spend your youth cramming them
into the pauses between 8-hour shifts of restless tedium, waiting for retirement.

Last edited by boiled_elephant; 1st Oct 2011 at 05:01.
boiled_elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2009, 16:24   #43
PS3/LanDi
Give me the Mirror

PS3/LanDi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

Added 10 more cpu clients (core 2 -2.8) 4gb ram

Also had a power failure on all main servers so half results yesterday and will take a while to get up to full speed, hope these help.
Old 6th Jun 2009, 23:36   #44
LatinSpirit
Multimodder

LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Both cores of my OC'd e7200 run a standard client each.....does that count as 1 or 2?
LatinSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2009, 23:56   #45
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming Saiyan
2 as far as I know;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
In a spin-off of the highly successful countdown to 360 GPUs thread started in late 2008 we thought it would be a good idea to start a CPU countdown thread.

The target for this thread will be to add another 1,000 CPUs to the Custom PC folding team.

As rules are as follows:

1. Subtract one CPU from the countdown if you add a standard CPU client.

or

2. Subtract two CPUs from the countdown if you add an SMP CPU client.

When you add more CPU clients, subtract the number from the total and post the new total in size '7', colour 'red', in 'bold', at the bottom of your post.
Q6600 @3.0Ghz running 2 VMware SMP clients.

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit

Last edited by Unicorn; 7th Jun 2009 at 00:01.
Old 7th Jun 2009, 00:03   #46
LatinSpirit
Multimodder

LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LatinSpirit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ok, thanks......2 it is!

LatinSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2009, 01:53   #47
standinwave
Folding in memory of my mum

standinwave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I cracked the screen on my wurk laptop (but still use it and fold on it with SMP client) and got given a spare with dual core so I added two regular clients as I dont ave admin rights yet. The CPU fan is like a hairdryer tho!

Last edited by standinwave; 7th Jun 2009 at 01:55. Reason: forgot countdown! and bold!
standinwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2009, 18:48   #48
PlasmaBomb
CPC Refugee

PlasmaBomb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Seems good Uni...

Sorry

Last edited by PlasmaBomb; 9th Jun 2009 at 19:24.
PlasmaBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2009, 18:26   #49
Unicorn
Uniform November India

This got messed up really fast, so here's how it should be (AFAIK). Correct if wrong Plx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3/LanDi View Post

Added 10 more cpu clients (core 2 -2.8) 4gb ram
Start at 477.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinSpirit View Post
Both cores of my OC'd e7200 run a standard client each.....does that count as 1 or 2?
Remove 2 for that, 475.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
Q6600 @3.0Ghz running 2 VMware SMP clients.

Each SMP client is 2, I'm running 2 SMP clients so that's 4. 471.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinSpirit View Post
Ok, thanks......2 it is!

I already subtracted yours correctly in my post above, so it's still 471.

Quote:
Originally Posted by standinwave View Post
I cracked the screen on my wurk laptop (but still use it and fold on it with SMP client) and got given a spare with dual core so I added two regular clients as I dont ave admin rights yet. The CPU fan is like a hairdryer tho!
One SMP client = 2.
2 regular clients = 2.
2 + 2 = 4.
471 - 4 = 467.

The figure now stands at 467

Old 11th Jun 2009, 19:29   #50
Fisher.
partially impartial

Fisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run Crysis
I believe you are correct.

In re: to this post, I finally uploaded some pics:

Not all of them, but the rest are in my "other" office.
Old 12th Jun 2009, 14:16   #51
PS3/LanDi
Give me the Mirror

PS3/LanDi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

added 15 more cpu clients. should be maxed out for now.
Old 23rd Jun 2009, 15:02   #52
Votick
My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Votick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming Saiyan

3 CPU Clients

http://stats.bish.pro/
Votick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2009, 16:24   #53
Christopher N. Lew
Folding in memory of my father

Christopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher. View Post
I finally uploaded some pics:

OK, that's scary. Not the PCs, but the clean, uncluttered work-surface.
Old 24th Jun 2009, 17:51   #54
Fisher.
partially impartial

Fisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher N. Lew View Post
OK, that's scary. Not the PCs, but the clean, uncluttered work-surface.
Yeah, that's mostly because I'm only in there to switch out machines

You should see pics of the office I'm in the rest of the time, it looks like there was an earthquake at a Fry's.
Old 24th Jun 2009, 18:52   #55
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher. View Post
You should see pics of the office I'm in the rest of the time, it looks like there was an earthquake at a Fry's.

Old 7th Jul 2009, 18:08   #56
MrWillyWonka
Chocolate computers galore!

MrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Got 23 running for us now

Potentially another 32 more - possibly.

449 - 23 =

MrWillyWonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jul 2009, 00:55   #57
StreetSam
Supermodder

StreetSam has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hi All,

2x Q6600
1x Q9550

and more to come

Old 12th Jul 2009, 10:35   #58
Panomama
I once signed up on uniform dating

Panomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for presidentPanomama should be considered for president
Panomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2009, 09:31   #59
Bonzo45
Ex CPC

Bonzo45 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

Q6600 @ 2.7GHz, may be higher in the future.
|| Q6600 @ 2.7GHz || HD4850 || 4GB (2x2GB) DDRII 800MHz || Crucial C300 64GB || Samsung F1 1TB & Samsung 500GB || Samsung Lightscribe drive || 500W Seagate PSU || GA-P31-DS3l mobo || Arctic cooling F7Pro || Samsung T220 22" || 7 Home Premium 64bit
Bonzo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jul 2009, 10:14   #60
Aracos
Elite

Aracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run Crysis
Dammit men! We need more CPU's! 1 1.67GHz Sempron for when I'm not gaming!

Aracos is offline   Reply With Quote