bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Custom PC and bit-tech Folding Team

Old 26th Jul 2009, 03:17   #61
LAGMonkey
Group 7 error

LAGMonkey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

its not much but i thought id better add it here.
1x 2.4Ghz Pentium 4D running as my gateway and now a 24/7 FaH linux client.

http://www.xkcd.com
100% Brainless]
LAGMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Aug 2009, 09:31   #62
Kalia
What's a Dremel?

Kalia has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
One SMP client on my e8500

Kalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Aug 2009, 13:17   #63
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalia View Post

SMP client counts as two CPU's in our countdown Kalia, rules are in the OP.

That makes it

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Aug 2009, 13:22   #64
Norfolk'N'Good
Folding Chimp

Norfolk'N'Good has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalia View Post

Kalia,

If you can try to follow this thread:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=172689

You will get approx an extra 1,000 ppd, that is what i got from my E8400.

P5Q Pro - E8400@3.6ghz - 4gbOCZ Gold - 2x XFX Alfadog 8800GT - Antec 300 - OCZ SteathXStream 600w
Folding for my family.
Norfolk'N'Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Aug 2009, 15:15   #65
Combinho
Ten kinds of awesome

Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Combinho is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
SMP client on my Q6600

Old 6th Aug 2009, 18:24   #66
Agma
What's a Dremel?

Agma has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

2 x NotFred SMPs on i7 920
3 x Systray Clients on an old Athlon64 X2 and on two Atoms

The Atoms only put out about 100ppd but it all helps (and they are CPUs so they should count!!)
Agma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2009, 16:20   #67
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis

Core i7 975 running the SMP client in Windows
2 x Nehalem EPs running the SMP clients in Linux
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2009, 16:28   #68
JackOfAll
Hypermodder

JackOfAll has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
2 x Nehalem EPs running the SMP clients in Linux
Don't tease. C'mon spill. Specs? (I'm finally starting my Xeon build this weekend with the pair of W5580's and the Tyan S7025 board.)

Last edited by JackOfAll; 14th Aug 2009 at 16:36.
JackOfAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2009, 16:56   #69
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
The rig consists of a pair of W5580s in a Supermicro X8DA3-0 motherboard with 12GB of RAM. I was hoping the two clients would have finished 10 WUs before the weekend so I could set it up to hopefully pick up some of the new humongous 50k pointers but no such luck.

As you know from the FahMon thread you helped me with, it's running OpenSuse 11.1.
Old 14th Aug 2009, 17:22   #70
JackOfAll
Hypermodder

JackOfAll has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
The rig consists of a pair of W5580s in a Supermicro X8DA3-0 motherboard with 12GB of RAM.
If I'm not mistaken that's the rig from the mag Xeon review?

Quote:
I was hoping the two clients would have finished 10 WUs before the weekend so I could set it up to hopefully pick up some of the new humongous 50k pointers but no such luck.
You could always change username to 'CustomPC' and start folding '-bigadv - smp 16' right now!

Code:
passkey=3cd25ab494b729154d98c5c2505b7acd
Quote:
As you know from the FahMon thread you helped me with, it's running OpenSuse 11.1.
Just out of interest, why choose OpenSuse? Not that there is anything wrong with your choice, just curious.

JackOfAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2009, 17:28   #71
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackOfAll View Post
If I'm not mistaken that's the rig from the mag Xeon review?
Yep, I rebuilt it this week to test the first third-party Xeons for a review in the next issue of the mag. Once built, it seemed a tragedy not to get it folding

Quote:
You could always change username to 'CustomPC' and start folding '-bigadv - smp 16' right now!
True enough, I'll want to get a couple under my username first, then I'll change it over early next week.

Quote:
Just out of interest, why choose OpenSuse? Not that there is anything wrong with your choice, just curious.
TBH, I don't think there's any particular reason, I spent a few mins googling free Linux distros and it was one of the first that appeared. Apart from the trouble compiling Fahmon (which I'm imagine would be very similar on most distros) it's been very well behaved.
Old 19th Aug 2009, 14:41   #72
coolamasta
Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.
Just realised Ive not updated this for a while, I have another 8 CPU's going at it

coolamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2009, 16:52   #73
badders
Neuken in de Keuken

badders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for president
One lowly PIII Coppermine 733MHz (old Xbox running xebian), which is my file/web/ftp server that normally sits at 2% CPU usage 24/7, so started folding on the spare CPU cycles.

If that counts (might even get a WU a month out of this monster!), then it's:

badders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2009, 22:46   #74
Jamrd
Minimodder

Jamrd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have an old Dell Inspirion 9100 with a P4 3.0GHz that I fold on 24/7, slow but it gets the work done in an average of 4-5 days, so that's another one.

Jamrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2009, 00:27   #75
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

I've added a pair of QX9775s overclocked to 3.6GHz running the bigadv Linux units.

Old 22nd Sep 2009, 00:20   #76
SirFur
PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

SirFur has yet to learn the way of the DremelSirFur has yet to learn the way of the DremelSirFur has yet to learn the way of the DremelSirFur has yet to learn the way of the DremelSirFur has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've added my laptop now! It's an Aspire 5920G running a Core 2 Duo T5750 xD

|Aerocool xPredator Evil Black|MSI GD53|Intel i5 2500k @ 3.30ghz|Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced|2x 2TB Samsung Spinpoint F4|Crucial M4 64GB|Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 1600|POV TGT Charged 2.5GB GTX 570|Antec TruePower 650|LG IPS231P|Sidewinder X6|CM Storm Sentinel Advanced|Logitech Z-5500|
SirFur on Steam!
SirFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Sep 2009, 22:24   #77
SirFur
PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

SirFur has yet to learn the way of the DremelSirFur has yet to learn the way of the DremelSirFur has yet to learn the way of the DremelSirFur has yet to learn the way of the DremelSirFur has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

Added my two desktops in the house too They be running a simple client on an AMD64 4000+ and a virtual SMP beta on a Core 2 Duo 8500
|Aerocool xPredator Evil Black|MSI GD53|Intel i5 2500k @ 3.30ghz|Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced|2x 2TB Samsung Spinpoint F4|Crucial M4 64GB|Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 1600|POV TGT Charged 2.5GB GTX 570|Antec TruePower 650|LG IPS231P|Sidewinder X6|CM Storm Sentinel Advanced|Logitech Z-5500|
SirFur on Steam!
SirFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2009, 20:12   #78
DocJonz
Another CPC refugee .....

DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
A lowly C2D E6700 running the LinuxSMP: 381
Old 14th Oct 2009, 06:42   #79
Vaio
Minimodder

Vaio has yet to learn the way of the DremelVaio has yet to learn the way of the DremelVaio has yet to learn the way of the DremelVaio has yet to learn the way of the DremelVaio has yet to learn the way of the DremelVaio has yet to learn the way of the DremelVaio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quad core Athlon 2 620 to replace an opteron box, running 4 instances of the console client

Last edited by Vaio; 14th Oct 2009 at 13:39.
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Oct 2009, 13:17   #80
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Welcome to the team Vaio! However, the total should now be

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote