bit-tech.net

Old 7th Oct 2014, 02:47   #1
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.
Your choice in RAM

In "The Best kit" you always choose DDR3-2400MHz. I know a few issues back you did an extensive review on memory speeds from 1333 to 3000, and claimed there was no real benefit after 1866MHz. So why do you always choose 2400?
MountainMods U2-UFO with an Intel i7 5960x (8-Core), Asus X99 Deluxe, 32GB (4GB x 8) DDR4, 960GB Crucial M500, 240GB Sandisk Extreme, Corsair AX1500i 80 Titanium, Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti, a Corsair H80i and 15 Green LED Coolmax fans!
TheGreatSatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2014, 12:20   #2
bawjaws
Hypermodder

bawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Can't speak for CPC, but I'm sure they always used to say that although there wasn't really any benefit in higher speed RAM, if the price difference was minor then you should go for the faster stuff. Seems a little like having your cake and eating it to me, personally - if it's of no benefit then why spend the extra money in the first place?
bawjaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2014, 20:01   #3
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
There is a benefit from faster RAM for FM2 systems, iirc.

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2014, 20:23   #4
bawjaws
Hypermodder

bawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyanbawjaws is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Tbf, CPC recommend the same RAM (Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 2 at 2,400MHz, 72 for 8GB per the latest issue) for all of their systems (both AMD and Intel), with the exception of the Haswell-E system for which they recommend 16GB of G.Skill RipJaws 3,000MHz which weighs in at 197.

Amusingly enough, they make a point to test various speeds of DDR4 in their Haswell-E feature and found that there's basically no performance gain from 3,000MHz DDR4 compared to 2,133MHz, so you could happily save yourself 50 and go for some Crucial 2,133MHz instead, which kind of proves TGS's point about recommending more expensive gear even though it doesn't deliver any tangible increase in performance.

I know that the Haswell-E system is a bit of a "money no object" build, but the point still stands.
bawjaws is offline   Reply With Quote