bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Custom PC > Magazine Discussion

Old 12th Apr 2010, 18:10   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Download the Custom PC Benchmarks

You can download the CPC media benchmark here: http://video.cloudfront.bit-tech.net/CPCSuite2007.zip

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.

Last edited by Sifter3000; 13th Apr 2010 at 10:59.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2010, 19:46   #2
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Are these new or the same open source ones we've had for that last year or two?
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2010, 20:06   #3
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
It's the old 2007 version.
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2010, 20:25   #4
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I might well do actually. I want to see how my new laptop compares to my five year old Athlon 64 desktop. Four hundred and something points it got. I found that amusing at the time as the person below me had a Pentium D. It shows how much better AMD cores were at the time.
That reminds me, I must download GPUz to find out exactly with of the dozen or so variations of the GT330 GPU I actually have. Way to go Nvidia[/sarcasm] The same name for several combinations of cuda cores, RAM amounts and bit sizes on the controllers.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 09:08   #5
Chaos_Engine
Minimodder

Chaos_Engine has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ive never run the benchmark, thinks its about time...
Chaos_Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 12:59   #6
olimorgan
Multimodder

olimorgan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
When are the new ones goin to be released, or are they cancelled now? Be nice to have a leaderboard as well so can see how my system stacks up against similar builds.
Core i5 750 @ 3.8 GHz | AC Freezer 7 Pro Rev. 2 | Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 | Corsair Dominator 4 GB 1600 MHz | ASUS HD 5850 @ Stock | 1 Tb Samsung Spinpoint F3 | Antec TruePower 550W | Coolermaster Elite 330 | 2 x LiteOn 24x DVDRW | 21.5" BenQ G2220HD | Creative T3130 2.1 | Windows Seven 64-Bit
olimorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 14:55   #7
Gareth24
Folding = vdubs

Gareth24 has yet to learn the way of the DremelGareth24 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
+1 to the leaderboard idea it would be good to check out everyones results compared to mine
Old 25th May 2010, 19:10   #8
olimorgan
Multimodder

olimorgan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

Quite pleased with that
Core i5 750 @ 3.8 GHz | AC Freezer 7 Pro Rev. 2 | Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 | Corsair Dominator 4 GB 1600 MHz | ASUS HD 5850 @ Stock | 1 Tb Samsung Spinpoint F3 | Antec TruePower 550W | Coolermaster Elite 330 | 2 x LiteOn 24x DVDRW | 21.5" BenQ G2220HD | Creative T3130 2.1 | Windows Seven 64-Bit
olimorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 17:12   #9
montymole
Rigid Tubist

montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
yes i agree with leader board this was after all once in the magazine, i have had number one place on the old leader board in 2006, not that i could afford to even take a shot at the top slot now, having a family stops you from buying Intel extreme editions!
It would be nice to see a new 2010 benchmark
montymole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 22:33   #10
RichCreedy
Hey What Who

RichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I Believe new ones are planned when they have more time to get them done
RichCreedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 22:37   #11
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yup, new BMs that tie into a leaderboard on bit-tech are definitely on the roadmap (and when I say roadmap, really it's a big list of ideas that we're working through)... Glad to know you're interested though!

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2010, 21:38   #12
Cadair
Minimodder

Cadair has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Excellent, I shall test this on my machine. There should be somewhere the community can compare scores?
Cadair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2010, 00:47   #13
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadair View Post
Excellent, I shall test this on my machine. There should be somewhere the community can compare scores?
The leaderboard is down at the moment, but in the meantime there are several threads in the hardware forum comparing benchmark scores.
Old 9th Feb 2011, 01:43   #14
Thedarkrage
Thats not a pic of me its my gf

Thedarkrage has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
they do?

they really do need this it was great back in the day get on it now
Thedarkrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2011, 09:13   #15
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Can we expect a new benchmark suite soon, what with the upcoming PCPro facelift talking about their benchmarks. I'm assuming you will still use the same suite as your sister publication?

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2011, 10:08   #16
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

I can't comment on a new version of the CPC benchies, but we've never used the same version as PC Pro as its benchmark suite is focussed on professional commerical apps that can't be distributed, whereas ours always has.
Old 8th Mar 2011, 17:41   #17
Spreadie

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
I can't comment on a new version of the CPC benchies, but we've never used the same version as PC Pro as its benchmark suite is focussed on professional commerical apps that can't be distributed, whereas ours always has.
Ah, my mistake.

I know you went open source for 2007, but the old (2003?) benchmarks featured a former editor of PCPro in the video encoding test IIRC. Can't remember his name.

I could be wrong though, I frequently am.

Regards

Spreadie

Old 8th Mar 2011, 17:49   #18
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadie View Post
I know you went open source for 2007, but the old (2003?) benchmarks featured a former editor of PCPro in the video encoding test IIRC. Can't remember his name.
You're pretty-much right

The 2003 video encoding test did use a video featuring one of the old editors of PC Pro (James Morris). However, the test itself (application and script) were organised by CPC staff, not PC Pro'ers...
Old 8th Mar 2011, 18:13   #19
Spreadie

That explains my confusion.

Thanks James.

Old 13th Mar 2011, 15:08   #20
dibengineering
What's a Dremel?

dibengineering has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
overclocking

Never tried before but going to have a go at over clocking my "test" machine Inspired by mag. system running athlon xp2200 ATI X1300 graphics and 2Gb old SDRAM. Not sure if possible but any advice?? Oh and running Win 7 starter !!

Last edited by dibengineering; 18th Mar 2011 at 07:26. Reason: forgot op system
dibengineering is offline   Reply With Quote