1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel ad campaign compares engineers to rock stars

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 May 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Bring back to the blue men!

3. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

"in which Intel engineers will be played by actors" So they are rock stars, but not actors:)
    "Intel’s marketing director for the UK and Ireland, Gail Hall....................."move-society-forward-by-quantum-leaps company" can i haz hypenz.

4. Cptn-Inafinus

Cptn-Inafinus Minimodder

Mmm, marketing spiel. Leaves a tasty feeling in the tummy.

5. cebla

cebla What's a Dremel?

Am I the only one that thinks it's amusing that marketing keeps saything things like this is a "quantum leap" in such and such. According to the dictionary "quantum" just means a measurable amount. With the definition relating to physics being "The smallest amount of a physical quantity that can exist independently, especially a discrete quantity of electromagnetic radiation."

So what they are saying is that we move-society-forward-by-the-smallest-amount-that-can-exist company.... right.

Last edited: 7 May 2009
  6. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

Well cebla, thats a pretty accurate picture of intel's recent developments. Remember, they use AMD's 64-bit instruction set and it took them years to figure out that putting the mem controller on die is probably a good idea.

7. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

LOL :D

By their definition, a quantum processor should be about the size of four football stadiums then? ;)

8. inv4der

inv4der What's a Dremel?

What you are defining is only the term 'Quantum'. Quantum leap actually is the term used to define the jumping of an electron from one shell directly to another so it actually mean a very big jump from a low(energy) level to a high(energy) level directly without any intermediate steps.

So quantum leap is a big, direct jump to a high level.

But this is not practically true. Intel is always lagging behind in the technology that it possesses. It only has better market managing machines which gives the customer expression that intel is actually a better processor manufacturer. Although this may still be true in terms of performance the intel processors offer but not in terms of technology or features or overclocking capability.

Tags: Add Tags