bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 7th May 2009, 10:45   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
THQ makes USD 430 million loss

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...million-loss/1

THQ has posted a a loss of more than 430 million dollars, saved only by the solid performance of a few titles.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 11:00   #2
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Forget Red Faction - Make Company of Heroes 2 already!

Or, as THQ own the rights, how about making Freespace 3 - I'd buy 5 copies!
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 11:08   #3
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
am i the only one who read core gamers as console tards?
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 11:44   #4
Jordan Wise
Baby called to see the boss...

Jordan Wise has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith
no

Steam ID:jordanwise
Jordan Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 11:59   #5
impar
2n-1

impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Greetings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith View Post
I thought that too initially, then realised that he mentioned gamers not customers.
Old 7th May 2009, 13:02   #6
Whalemeister
is so hot right now!

Whalemeister has yet to learn the way of the DremelWhalemeister has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Wise
Quote:
no
To be fair THQ are one of the few companies who still dare to release PC exclusive games and not just crappy console ports
Old 7th May 2009, 13:30   #7
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalemeister
To be fair THQ are one of the few companies who still dare to release PC exclusive games and not just crappy console ports
yeah i guess your right, altho losing that much money could potentially mean having to start cross platforming.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 19:26   #8
xAx
What's a Dremel?

xAx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Homeworld 3 and Freespace 3 thanks THQ, cheers
xAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 02:40   #9
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
You know how people have irrational dislikes of some people or things. Well I have one with THQ. I just think WWE and kiddy games and yes, "console tards" and can't get beyond it. I know they do other stuff, but still...
Also the THQ games I do have, the cases they come in have the title on the spine printed upside down to all my other games, that also irritates me.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 12:57   #10
Lepermessiah
Banned

Lepermessiah has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Nope, cause usually that's what it means, lol. Console = fail, in my opinion, their proprietary business models, to try and force certain games to a certain platform only hurts gamers, and they stiffle innovation IMO. I have a 360 BTW, for sports games only, if sports games got the attention on PC as dumbsoles, i would sell my red ring system in a sec.
Lepermessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 20:46   #11
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
homeworld story was kinda ended tbh

freespace 3 would be epic
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 20:56   #12
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
"Saints Row 2 was a good performer for the publisher too and the company is keen to capitalise on the continued success of the series with more games. "

YESYESYESYESYES *dances around the thread*

gog.com - Classic videogames, Windows 7 compatible, no DRM, bundled extras, outstanding service. Check it out, get hooked, spread the word!
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote