1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD releases first WHQL Windows 7 graphics driver

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 7 May 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

cool looking forward to that nvidia driver as just building an i7 rig with a 260 in it with win 7

3. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

nvidia driver should be in time for me to pull my finger out and install win 7 on the weekend :D

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

9.2 nor 9.3 worked for me. I had to roll back all the way to 8.12

5. Gremlin

Gremlin What's a Dremel?

all worked for me, i just found the most reliable driver on win 7 that didnt cause me video playback issues on my 4830 was the 9.2 vista driver

i'll have to try a clean install rather than an upgrade i did to test how well it worked (upgraded from 7077) but the WHQL driver was an utter bitch, making windows really slow to open and render etc so i had to roll back to 9.2, so im assuming a clean install will fix that so ill do that tonight

but so far i havent liked the windows 7 drivers (except 8.12)

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Can't remember what version I was running on my old Windows 7 install (I think it was 9.2...) but Cat 9.4 on my current install doesn't give me the correct WEI - for Gaming Graphics my 4850 scores... 2. Yep, 2. All the other scores are fine. It's just that one is whacked for some reason. Ah well, I need to install the Release Candidate today, so I'll give that a shot and see what happens.

7. Goty

Goty Minimodder

Looks like I might need to install Windows 7 again, now....

8. amacieli

amacieli What's a Dremel?

Yawn. My 260 works just great with 7100 and the beta nVid drivers. BTW, honest question, does anyone actually have GPGPU apps for the Radeon?

9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'll install the RC on my laptop once I'm back in England, Sunday it is then. Can't wait to upgrade from 7057 to 7100.
    And I might give it another go on my main PC even though the drivers were way to unstable for my [supposedly] dying 8800GTS which runs 100% under XP and Vista. :eyebrow:

Downloaded the x64 in less than 2 hours from MS yesterday and the x86 in roughly 3 hours due to x64 being prioritized by 4:1 [450k vs 110k]. Cheers, MS! :thumb:

10. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

AMD itself doesn't seem to have quite the same confidence in its Windows 7 driver as Microsoft has.

As it states here:

Note: The Windows 7 driver is not final and is provided "as is." It is not supported by AMD, and may contain software bugs. It has not completed full AMD testing. Use of this software is at your own risk.

I'm pretty sure it works fine, though. :)

Tags: Add Tags