bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 7th May 2009, 11:40   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
AMD releases first WHQL Windows 7 graphics driver

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...ows-7-driver/1

AMD's Windows 7 graphics driver is given WHQL certification on the first day of the Windows 7 logo program.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 11:46   #2
adam_bagpuss
Have you tried turning it off/on ?

adam_bagpuss is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adam_bagpuss is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adam_bagpuss is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adam_bagpuss is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adam_bagpuss is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adam_bagpuss is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adam_bagpuss is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adam_bagpuss is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adam_bagpuss is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adam_bagpuss is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adam_bagpuss is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
cool looking forward to that nvidia driver as just building an i7 rig with a 260 in it with win 7
adam_bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 12:13   #3
p3n
Hypermodder

p3n has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nvidia driver should be in time for me to pull my finger out and install win 7 on the weekend
p3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 12:18   #4
proxess
Ultramodder

proxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for president
9.2 nor 9.3 worked for me. I had to roll back all the way to 8.12
Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448
proxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 12:47   #5
Gremlin
Multimodder

Gremlin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
all worked for me, i just found the most reliable driver on win 7 that didnt cause me video playback issues on my 4830 was the 9.2 vista driver

i'll have to try a clean install rather than an upgrade i did to test how well it worked (upgraded from 7077) but the WHQL driver was an utter bitch, making windows really slow to open and render etc so i had to roll back to 9.2, so im assuming a clean install will fix that so ill do that tonight

but so far i havent liked the windows 7 drivers (except 8.12)
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 12:58   #6
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Can't remember what version I was running on my old Windows 7 install (I think it was 9.2...) but Cat 9.4 on my current install doesn't give me the correct WEI - for Gaming Graphics my 4850 scores... 2. Yep, 2. All the other scores are fine. It's just that one is whacked for some reason. Ah well, I need to install the Release Candidate today, so I'll give that a shot and see what happens.
Old 7th May 2009, 13:23   #7
Goty
Supermodder

Goty has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks like I might need to install Windows 7 again, now....
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 14:10   #8
amacieli
Multimodder

amacieli has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yawn. My 260 works just great with 7100 and the beta nVid drivers. BTW, honest question, does anyone actually have GPGPU apps for the Radeon?
amacieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 15:20   #9
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.perplekks45 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I'll install the RC on my laptop once I'm back in England, Sunday it is then. Can't wait to upgrade from 7057 to 7100.
And I might give it another go on my main PC even though the drivers were way to unstable for my [supposedly] dying 8800GTS which runs 100% under XP and Vista.

Downloaded the x64 in less than 2 hours from MS yesterday and the x86 in roughly 3 hours due to x64 being prioritized by 4:1 [450k vs 110k]. Cheers, MS!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
I! I! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 00:38   #10
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
AMD itself doesn't seem to have quite the same confidence in its Windows 7 driver as Microsoft has.

As it states here:

Note: The Windows 7 driver is not final and is provided "as is." It is not supported by AMD, and may contain software bugs. It has not completed full AMD testing. Use of this software is at your own risk.

I'm pretty sure it works fine, though.
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote