bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th May 2009, 11:17   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Left 4 Dead Survival Mode and new stats system

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2009/05...new-stats-sys/

Old 11th May 2009, 11:25   #2
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
There's definitely a welcome amount of nice-ness in Survival mode. In the other game types, especially Versus, it's getting to the stage where people are being vote-kicked simply for not being as good as the rest of the team.

Kicking people because they're nobs is fine, but because they're simply bad at the game? That's so elitist Hitler would approve. It's really because the team's are so small. A crap player is covered up in a 10 man game of CSS or TF2, but in a team of 4 where absolutely everyone matters it can become very apparent very quickly who's good and who's not.

I was once vote-kicked because I missed a hunter pounce and landed on the survivor being smokered instead of the survivor trying to free him. Yes it was a dumb thing to do, but it made no difference to the outcome of the game, and it's not kick worthy at any rate. It's for this reason I don't really play versus any more, it's Expert Campaign or Survival only.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 11:41   #3
DraigUK
Multimodder

DraigUK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Unless the guy is AFK or so dumb he shouldn't be breathing I just auto-no to every votekick.

Was funny the other night to be on a server and one guy was just trying to kick people every 30 seconds.

He got kicked and auto banned himself after trying it too many times. Was hilarious.

I like all modes in L4D, depending on my mood. Survival sure is fun, but you need a real good team to get gold.
DraigUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 12:33   #4
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I got kicked once for being slow out of the lift.
Old 11th May 2009, 13:33   #5
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I got kicked once for being slow out of the lift.
Has happened to me on occasions. Makes me wander if some servers are groups of friends who just kick any strangers. I've voted no quite a few times when other team mates have voted to kick a less able player. I mean give the guy a chance! Still, it's happened a lot less in survival mode thankfully, probably because every one only has a few minutes to live anyway!
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 13:43   #6
pizan
that's n00b-tastic

pizan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm usually pretty good with ammo and accuracy, but that comes from devoting so much of my life to Source engine shooters, but not one where accuracy doesn't matter and you only spray and pray (TF2).
Old 11th May 2009, 16:58   #7
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
God damn love L4D's survival mode. Such a great addition. Shame it didn't ship with it :/

Either way, I didn't know about the new stats etc. Thanks for the heads up, may have to go and prove to my friends that I am far from useless on the top of the lighthouse with a hunting rifle, as they all seem to think I just doss and hide!
Skiddywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 17:59   #8
DbD
Supermodder

DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
In survival no one kicks, they just leave. Where as in campaign mode you can carry weaker players even on expert - in fact it made it more of a challenge and therefore was fun - on survival only the best team will do.

A good team can comfortably do a gold time in nearly every attempt, a bad team (standing in exactly the same place) won't manage 5 minutes.

Hence after 1 round if you don't get a good time you know it's basically futile. This makes survival with random teams a lottery - looking for that rare random team capable of posting a decent time. Unfortunately like the real lottery most of the time you loose
DbD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2009, 22:16   #9
Slyr7.62
«ŚŁÂŶČŘ»

Slyr7.62 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraigUK View Post
Unless the guy is AFK or so dumb he shouldn't be breathing I just auto-no to every votekick.
Was funny the other night to be on a server and one guy was just trying to kick people every 30 seconds.
He got kicked and auto banned himself after trying it too many times. Was hilarious.
Call of Duty 2 needs that to when someone constantly calls votes on people the voter will get kicked or temp banned. That might also help against the hackers who use a non-stop vote thing to try to not get kick-voted.
Slyr7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote