bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 13th May 2009, 12:19   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Kicked Out Of The Bedroom

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2009/05...f-the-bedroom/

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 13:09   #2
BLC
Something witty goes here

BLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Interesting read.

I grew up alongside stories of bedroom coders and one-man-bands who made loads of money overnight (Bitmap Brothers, Codemasters, etc), and it always gave me the feeling that I can achieve the same thing if I put my mind to it, even today. As the article shows, it's a little bit more involved than that these days. It's not hard to turn your idea into code; the hard part is making it successful and keeping that success going.

I had heard about the extremely high standards for XBLA from reading about Jeff Minter's development & release of Space Giraffe (another 80's icon ). However I had no idea that Microsoft were so meticulous in their quality control.

Kinda getting nostalgic now
BLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 16:51   #3
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I remember uplink.. that was alot of fun- was a hacking game on the simple side
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 06:43   #4
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
I liked Uplink, but your other games were a bit confusing for me. I played Defcon a bit, then realized I had it all wrong, then gave up. :/
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 14:03   #5
barack
Modder

barack has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
they were not too bad but uplink was appreciable.