1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New Aliens versus Predator confirmed for 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 21 May 2009.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Link to this thread missing on the article.

3. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

fixeded, thanks!

4. b5k

b5k What's a Dremel?

AvP2 was amazing...Although playing Marine was far too hard in most cases. I got half way through the singleplayer campaign as Marine and gave up. :rolleyes:

5. chimaera

chimaera What's a Dremel?

While I enjoyed the second game, I did feel that it was a bit watered down from the original - which was ******* hard and truely scary in places - especially when playnig as a Marine. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Not so keen on the plot having anything to do with that abortion of a movie though...

6. MajorTom

MajorTom Minimodder

I can't wait for this. As chimaera said, the less to do with the film, the better. But then so long as the gameplay is right, it should matter too much. I'd rather play as the hard ass Colonial Marines from Aliens than a bunch of pretty teens with guns from AvP though.

Time to get some more detergent and extra boxers.

7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Going to have to reinstall the first two now. Anyone known if they'll work in Windows 7?

edit:

just noticed first post

:p

Last edited: 21 May 2009
  8. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Same here. Predator was easy as anything to complete, Alien only slightly harder than that... the Marine campaign was a complete nightmare!

9. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Rebellion back on the job? Awesome!

Not too enthused about the similarity to the film plot as, frankly, it was ****.

Hopefully the game will improve on it though. AvP1 was fantastic.

10. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Bah AvP needs a new twist. How about Protoss Vs Zerg.:thumb: I'd by that for a dollar.

11. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

Please not the unreal3 engine, please no....

12. The_EXorcist

The_EXorcist Possibly Australian

was just thinking about whether or not a 3rd AvP game was coming, just gave up on getting AvP2 to work on Server08 (AvPgold works tho :s ) and lo and behold, a prayer answered. Good to see that Rebellion are doing it, as the first game was better than the 2nd, far scarier, tho i shall be playing the Marines most, as they are the most badass, and never had a trouble finishing either of those campaigns in either 1 or 2, tho 1 was scarier and MUCH harder. Hope the MP lives up to it, tho everyone will always play the predator, as if they could really take on a badass marine with a shotgun :p

13. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I was really getting excited when i read the headline, but reading that it will be based in the first AvP movie world my heart sank. At least its Rebellion making it.

I've had the original AvP game since it came out, and still I haven't played the Marine campaign. I was so scared I didn't even get as far as to meet the first alien. The blood would drain from me and my arms would go all floppy and usless.

14. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

15. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

AVP 1 was a great game.

AVP 2 was very good, but had no-where near as much atmosphere and fear as the original, it was abit more user friendly, abit easier, and abit of a sell-out.

Glad the original developers are back.

16. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

AvP-1 multiplayer was one of the most fun multiplayer games of all times IMHO........... its so bloody awesome (literally).

AvP-2 is "meh" for me.

i have high hopes for this one.... w00t!

17. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I loved the first two games. I liked the first movie [yes, you may start the flaming] and hated the second.

Please let them do things like the games not the movies. I think the pyramid-escape-run-for-your-life---PREY idea could work but stretching that to a 10-15 hours game could be hard. Even if they do 3x 3.33 - 5 hours.

18. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I think we should.

19. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

I remeber the jetpack and grappling hook mod for the first one. Fun times :)

20. salesman

salesman Minimodder

I remember the explosions in AvP 1 having an option where if you shoot a grenade into a small room that limited the blast, it would expand and fill the room and wherever else it could fill into. It made it hard when you were in vents and such because you could easily blast yourself due to the confined space. I hope they put that back into the third AvP. I agree with everyone else here, AvP 1 was the scariest game I ever played. I just wish I could get the game to play on win xp if anyone could help that would be awesome.

Tags: Add Tags