1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Overclocked Orange

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 27 May 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Sweet - really nice attention to detail throughout. I particularly like the overclocked orange logo's - nice. :D

3. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

*Sigh*

Not to take away from the amazing mod, and hours of work thats gone into this, but.. (and i know ive complained about this again)..

I've cancelled my subscription to CustomPC now, seeing as the exact same articles are now appearing on Bit-Tech a few weeks after printing in the magazine, but with FAR more detail on Bit-Tech than in the magazine.

This Mod was the "Readers Drive" in Issue 69 / June 2009, where it was 2.5 pages, with hardly any pictures and not nearly as many words.

Can i seriously ask whats happening here, theres been multiple articles that have appeared in CPC now, that have then ended up on Bit-Tech too.. Too name the ones i can remember off the top of my head ; L4D Guide, Energy Drink Roundup, Readers Drive Articles.

Plus there are even reviews and such appearing in the Magazine that have been written by BT Staff, while CPC staff are publishing stuff on BT ? What exactly is happening here ?

4. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

That is an EPIC mod, the orange colour looks amazing and the hardware is to die for, very well executed.

5. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Nice mod/case... I seem to recall this case was on the BBC news once discussing the art of modding and overclocking, and the reporter being pritty much clueless as to whats going on, funny to watch :thumb:

Edit: Linky

6. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

7. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I remember the first time I saw this mod (Custom PC Readers Drives) and I fell in love with it. It is jaw droppingly gorgeous and the attention to detail is amazing.

8. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

@Sim0n

I'm sorry you feel that way - I can only speak for Reader's Rrives but I'm sure a similar thing applies to other articles. For Reader's Drives we've already mentioned that our aim was to increase expsoure of people who are featured but it works both ways - Reader's Drives winners will also be featured on Bit-tech while Mod of the Month winners on Bit-tech will be featured in a new section in Custom PC. I don't think there's anything wrong with that as coverage for those who deserve it will be greater which is a good thing. Mods also have a habbit of changing so the likelyhood is there will be slightly more up to date content appearing in the mag and online.

As for Bit-tech staff writing for the magazine and CPC staff writing for Bit-tech, well that is the plan as we are all part of the same team now since Dennis Publications acquired the Bit-tech last year.;)

9. Nictron

Nictron Minimodder

That is just awesome! Well done.

10. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Very nice but where's the power supply? I can't see it!

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That's an awesome mod, I love the attention to detail. It just shows you don't have to create something from the ground up to make it a classic mod.

12. naokaji

naokaji whatever

Anyone figured out yet if she is just playing dumb or really doesn't know what tubing could be good for in a Watercooled Pc?

Anyway, nice Build:thumb:

13. Wallaby

Wallaby modderator

Nice. Expecially tubes with springs. +1

14. mremulator

mremulator What's a Dremel?

15. Abhorsen

Abhorsen Minimodder

Exceptional! Remind me, if i win the lottery to plead with you to build me a p.c using all my funds :p

That really is exceptional!

16. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I think the term cockup is a bit harsh - pictures were sort of intentional as we're talking about the build from start to finish. We needed large images for the article which weren't available for most of the very recent additions so some are as it was when we looked at it in Custom PC. I don't think this detracts at all from how impressive it is! However, I have included a couple of recent pics from the CPC Plog in the gallery!:thumb:

17. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I really like the logo! Genius is the guy that give it some thought!

But, as for a mod, it is good mod, not a fantastic one.

But to me, the really cool thing is that BT looks like is coming back to its roots! The modding community, where it belongs :D

18. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

Certainly a nice looking rig with some great thought gone into watercooling and without doubt a worthy Readers Drives winner :thumb:

19. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

beautiful. i'm really impressed :D

20. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I like both versions tbh. The elbows looked a little out of place, but still good. :)

Tags: Add Tags