bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 2nd Jun 2009, 12:55   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Bungie announces new Halo game

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ew-halo-game/1

Bungie has confirmed a brand new Halo title today, dubbed Halo: Reach, which is speculated to be a prequel to the original game.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 12:57   #2
Volund
Am I supposed to care?

Volund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run Crysis
might be decent depending on how they implement different parts of the story. Team based combat would be cool.

Perhaps games following the book series?

If you believe in GLaDOS and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
Volund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 13:11   #3
Rkiver
Cybernetic Spine

Rkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Meh, I never saw the big deal about Halo in all honesty. Sure it's "the" fps for consoles. But when it comes to FPS in general a pc is where it's at. And Halo 1+2 were just not decent games on the pc.

Bet it'll sell very well though.
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 13:12   #4
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I may have to buy ODST, depending on what this game actually is. I had so much fun with the Halo 3 beta.
Skiddywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 13:15   #5
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.
This looks good. The HD flash trailer can be found here: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...49985?type=flv

Looking forward to it, although, looking forward to ODST as well.

Sam

The Laptop: Dell Vostro 3450, SB i3 2350m, 8GB DDR3, 256GB 830 SSD, Intel 6235 Wifi N/BT 4.0, Dell 5550 3G/GPS
The Server: Phenom 2 x6, 8GB DDR3, 3TB Seagate, 2TB WD Green, 2*1TB Samsung F1
samkiller42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 13:31   #6
pizan
that's n00b-tastic

pizan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
There is a Halo book that is about the fall of Reach. Probably going to use that storyline.
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 13:34   #7
Htr-Labs
The Audiophile

Htr-Labs has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Still waiting on Halo 3 for PC.
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 13:37   #8
Phil Rhodes
Hypernobber

Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Meet the new halo game!
[riff]
Same as the old halo game!
[riff]

Oh, I remember when Bungie used to make good games.
Phil Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 15:03   #9
PT88
Minimodder

PT88 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
MOOOOO, its milking time!!!
PT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 15:20   #10
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Yet another Halo and I still don't give a flying dung. How about making something new instead? :O
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 15:26   #11
PT88
Minimodder

PT88 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Reminds me of Eidos and Tomb Raider!
PT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 16:14   #12
Jojii
hardware freak

Jojii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i bet bungie employees are glad they still have a job
Jojii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 16:39   #13
sub routine
Archie Gemel

sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
hmmm, buying a game for a beta sux a$$. wp microtwat$
sub routine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 18:05   #14
D-Cyph3r
Gay for Yunosuke

D-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Oh great, so now we're gonna have to put up with Halo fanboys crying like girls and cumming in their pants for a year and half till it's released....
D-Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 18:10   #15
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
Bawww, isn't it just terrible that Bungie releases good games?

Anyway, if this is released for PC, and it's not garbage like Halo Wars, I'll get it. My Xbox is broken, and I don't feel like getting it fixed.
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 19:25   #16
D3s3rt_F0x
Hypermodder

D3s3rt_F0x has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great another sub-par Halo shooter to add to the rest, I can see it now, repetative gameplay, AI that resembles a 5 year old, repetative enviroments that all look the same and a rather terrible story line.

Likely to be a hit then.

The trailer also looks like a Homeworld rip off after the first mission when you return home.
"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too." - JFK
D3s3rt_F0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 19:38   #17
sui_winbolo
Giraffe_City

sui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysis
I feel the love in this thread.

Way to get your important and constructive opinions in there fellas! I usually go around ripping games I don't like either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizan View Post
There is a Halo book that is about the fall of Reach. Probably going to use that storyline.
The trailer pretty much describes what happens in the book. I'm looking forward to it!
WD Velociraptor 300GB HDD | Corsair Pro 650w PSU | Silverstone MATX Case ::

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
sui_winbolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 19:43   #18
Rkiver
Cybernetic Spine

Rkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've read the Halo novels, they are actually rather good. It's unfortunate that the games that spawned them just isn't all that great. At least in my opinion.
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 19:52   #19
Phil Rhodes
Hypernobber

Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Way to get your important and constructive opinions in there fellas!
Oh, OK, then. Produce a sequel to Oni.

What d'you mean, you're too busy creating another forty-seven cookie-cutter first person shooters?
Phil Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 21:55   #20
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
Read my comment in the Metal Gear Solid article. Just replace Metal Gear Solid with HALO.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote