bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 5th Jun 2009, 13:47   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Corsair launches H50 budget water-cooler

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...water-cooler/1

Corsair has a new low cost water-cooling system, the H50, and it's better than the Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme.

CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2009, 14:16   #2
trig
god's little mistake

trig has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltrig has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltrig has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltrig has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltrig has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
that looks pretty impressive. i am sure there are other issues that go into something like this that may affect individual performance? but otherwise, me wants...
i5-760 @ a modest 4.01 w/cm v6 gt..msi p55-gd80..8 gigs 1333 mhz ripjaws..sli'd msi twin frozr III gtx 570 @ 910 core 1100 memory..rv-02 case..corsair ax750..wd black 750 gb 32mb cache..1.5 tb 32mb cache..90 gb agility III ssd boot drive...60 gb callisto deluxe..logitech gx9 mouse..samsung 2253lw..
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2009, 14:25   #3
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking impressive indeed.

Maybe we finally have an entry level water cooling solution (at least for the CPU) that works, and works well.

EDIT:
I'm liking the massive window for the sidepanel. I'm sick of seeing sidepanels that are only actually 30% see through. What's the point?! If you are showing off your system, you want to show it off to the max!

Shame I think the case looks a little... boring.
Old 5th Jun 2009, 14:33   #4
coolius
Multimodder

coolius has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That case looks very nice, can't wait for a full review!
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64

coolius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2009, 14:39   #5
Xtrafresh
It never hurts to help

Xtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run CrysisXtrafresh can run Crysis
MUCHO ++ kudos to Corsair for showcasing their product the proper way: compare it to industry leaders under the same conditions! I can't believe you didn't spend some more words on this major marketing revelation! Giving journalists some actually useful comparison between their product and another... truely groundbreaking
Old 5th Jun 2009, 15:11   #6
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run Crysis
That case looks great on the inside, i wish it was available without a window though!

What's that twin fan memory cooler on the pics? I can't find it on Corsair's site, is it out yet?

gog.com - Classic videogames, Windows 7 compatible, no DRM, bundled extras, outstanding service. Check it out, get hooked, spread the word!

Last edited by DragunovHUN; 5th Jun 2009 at 15:17.
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2009, 15:33   #7
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If that all-in-one watercooler is a good as it sounds there, I'll try it out if I'm still stuck using my P180 when reviews are out and it's available here.

And as much as I want that Corsair case... $300 I just know is gonna be 250+. And I'm just not gonna spend that much, when I can watch Scan like a hawk for the next time they're doing the TJ07 for 160, and buy another one of those instead, then mount a triple rad in the bottom and put HDDs in the optical bays.
Old 5th Jun 2009, 15:45   #8
scarrmrcc
Modder

scarrmrcc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragunovHUN
That case looks great on the inside, i wish it was available without a window though!

What's that twin fan memory cooler on the pics? I can't find it on Corsair's site, is it out yet?
those are 2 different cases....
scarrmrcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2009, 16:07   #9
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run CrysisDragunovHUN can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarrmrcc View Post
those are 2 different cases....
They both have the memory cooler thingy. Nevermind though, i figured out they only come bundled with their RAM kits
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2009, 18:49   #10
Turbotab
I don't touch type, I tard type

Turbotab has yet to learn the way of the DremelTurbotab has yet to learn the way of the DremelTurbotab has yet to learn the way of the DremelTurbotab has yet to learn the way of the DremelTurbotab has yet to learn the way of the DremelTurbotab has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
When can we expect it in the UK?
Turbotab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2009, 19:15   #11
antaresIII
tephigram

antaresIII has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I hope you did not forget it in the airport lounge on your way home; I'd like a review before I put out my order.
Same for lian x100 and Obsidian.
antaresIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2009, 20:35   #12
greensabbath
Got Wood?

greensabbath has yet to learn the way of the Dremelgreensabbath has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Is there a possibility of a head to head comparison between the H50 cooler and that thing you have from those guys a couple weeks ago (you know, the one that got everyone up in a huff)? Or is that opening a bad can of worms...
greensabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2009, 21:32   #13
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
The Obsidian's window looks like a sail, kinda:

http://www.corsair.com/products/800d/default.aspx
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2009, 21:57   #14
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
The cases look pretty sweet and I hope the water cooler is in my price range
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2009, 00:03   #15
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
that looks like that syberian liquid cooling system, I wonder if it is actually made from them and rebranded. (I think thats how it is spelled)
DimasTech Test Bench Black ICE Triple 120 Rad Dual Bay Res/Pump DD Fill Port & Res D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory (2) AMD 6870 XFire (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive ASUS XONAR DX2 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD (2) 23" ASUS LCD ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER (4) NOCTUA P12 (2) NOCTUA P14 1000W ZALMAN PSU WINDOWS 7 PRO 64
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2009, 04:34   #16
Infection
Gaming Fanatic

Infection has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That case is nice, considering I started reading the article thinking I could replace this huge beast of a cooler with something smaller and more effective (H50) but I guess it looks like I may be getting a new case to, oh well, I'm about due for another upgrade.
Infection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2009, 06:43   #17
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast
The cases look pretty sweet and I hope the water cooler is in my price range
It's in the article, $79 without fan.
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2009, 07:19   #18
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by docodine View Post
It's in the article, $79 without fan.
I'll be totally honest, I don't read most of the articles here unless there really interesting.

$79 isn't bad, I guess I'll have to read the article now
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2009, 10:18   #19
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That's a nice case apart from the feet and the interion "is to die for" as the expression goes.

I shudder to think of the cost of this thing.
Ending Credits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2009, 11:27   #20
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ok two things I notice that make the comparison test unfair:

1) The TRUE is working in a closed case
2) The Corsair WC kit is in a open case

That Obsidian case looks really amazing!

And.. I quote:
Quote:
A dust-filtered 140mm fan draws in cold air at the bottom of the chassis and exhausts it at the rear and top. This clever design forces fresh air directly over the graphics card and CPU. The SATA hot-swap bays are cooled by a separate 140mm fan which vents from the chassis via a sealed chamber and prevents the heat generated by the drives from entering the main compartment. The power supply compartment has its own dedicated intake and exhaust, also isolated from the main compartment.

Need even more cooling performance? The Obsidian Series 800D has pre-drilled support for top-mounted single, dual, and triple radiators, or up to three additional 120mm fans.
Awesome!
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote