bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 8th Jun 2009, 15:12   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Freescale unveils smartbook concepts

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...ook-concepts/1

Freescale has unveiled a range of concept designs for "smartbook" systems - devices based on the company's ARM processors that sit between smartphones and netbooks.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2009, 15:14   #2
I-E-D
Multimodder

I-E-D has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Now that, looks cool Pity they won't make it though.
I-E-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2009, 15:42   #3
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Actually, dependent on how big the keys/spacing is... text input on that wouldn't be all that hard. "Two thumb" text input works fine, provided you don't want to bash out a 200,000 word novel.

Pity they won't actually make it to market... unless someone works with Freescale... but they sound pretty inventive, anyway. The portable device market badly needs a shakeup...
Old 8th Jun 2009, 16:13   #4
amdavies
Minimodder

amdavies has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Where's my sub 100 desktop ARM/Linux computer please ?
A net-top version of the ARM netbooks would be fantastic; heck, build them into televisions.
amdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2009, 16:27   #5
Cupboard
I'm not a modder.

Cupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The problem with that keyboard design is that it leaves little space for internal components, especially if the two halves overlap inside to give a bigger keyboard. I also don't like the fact that the "d-pad" is in the keys, you won't be able to navigate around a site and have text input at the same time.

Also, the keys are all lined up above each other and the space bar is in a silly place.
Old 8th Jun 2009, 19:47   #6
Jenny_Y8S

Oh my that's fugly! I think I'll keep my OQO thank you very much
Old 8th Jun 2009, 20:05   #7
Faulk_Wulf
Internet Addict

Faulk_Wulf has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You should check out the other ones though. The detachable keyboard/mouse/screen one is pretty cool and I'm very fond of the modular idea.
Faulk_Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote