1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ballmer confirms new Xbox for 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Jun 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

See, i told you. When they said "natal does not need a new console", that doesn't mean there won't be one.

3. neocleous

neocleous Minimodder

My Xbox isn't central to the TV either above or below it, how could this possibly work if the Natal 'controller is housed in the console on the floor?

4. kylew

kylew What's a Dremel?

I think this is a bit misleading, I thought what they had denied was a new 'nexgen' Xbox, like the Xbox 3 basically?

Saying there's going to be an updated 360 isn't really confirming a new Xbox for 2010 in the way it's written anyway.

5. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Of course there will be a new xbox, it will be a 160GB and be a different colour. Nothing else will have changed.

6. Florian

Florian Minimodder

A built-in camera doesn't make any sense. He probably means a bundle of console and camera.

7. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

It will just be a new SKU with the Natal controller bundled with it, and maybe a bigger HDD.

8. Platinum

Platinum What's a Dremel?

Doubt the hardware inside will be difference, just new case with built in natal.

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

If you read what they have stated carefully, they have never actually denied there was a new xbox coming, only that natal would work with the 360.

As for "built in" natal. That doesn't necessarily mean built into the actual console, because that would be incredibly retarded, why they probably mean is that a natal camera is standard with every one of these new xboxes.

10. Narishma

Narishma What's a Dremel?

The title is misleading. They didn't confirm a new Xbox, only a new Xbox 360.

11. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I think it would be a bad idea to put the natal stuff built into a console as some people may not be able to set it up to be in front of them, they may not have the space for it. So the add-on with a cable sound to be a better idea

12. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

For some reason, ever since the dawn of the 360, I've always wanted an Xbox 180..

13. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

There's a new Xbox bundle on the way, fits both answers.

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Natal bundled with a 360? Sounds like what they're saying.

Xbox 3/720/whatever won't come out before 2011/2012 Christmas time I'd guess. If anyone asked me, that is... :)

15. naokaji

naokaji whatever

What would make the most sense in my opinion would be a Xbox 360 with decent sized HDD, proper cooling and Natal bundled.

16. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

If they meant the Xbox 720 (lack of a better name) then of course they are going to jump up and scream NO NO NO! If everyone knew a new-gen Xbox was coming out, the adoption rate of the 360 would plummet. (For example, I've been wanting to get one for about 2 years, but would hold off a bit longer if I thought the 720 was due out in short order.) It'd be a kick to the crotch for Sony though.

If they meant a new version of the Xbox 360 (New color / bundle / this Natal-Wii-clone-thing) Then I don't see the big deal. We could hope that they are finally bundling BluRay with it. If they'd do that I'm sure they could sway some fence-sitters on which console to buy. ("I like the games on the 360, but the PS3 is more future-proof with BluRay") The one good thing about pushing a new base-bundle out would be it might knock the current 360-Pro down to the Arcade pricing level (and obsolete / end the sales of the Arcade). It'd finally be wihtin my reach to buy one.

17. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

They won't be bundling the 360 with a Blu Ray drive. Not now, not ever. MS are about as far into the digital downloads camp as they can be.

Besides, there is no such thing as a future proof console. Even when they were announced, there were more powerful things about. Or very shortly afterwards at least. Blu Ray isn't even future proof, since no one knows how long itis going to last, especially since adoption is still no where near that of DVD. And with dedicated Blu Ray players available for around the £150 mark, the PS3 is no longer also the cheapest player.

18. Nature

Nature Minimodder

cheese and potatoes don't make fish cry and dogs sing because you're a sissy! You whimp! Look at me you ******! look at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

Just a thought... Natal senses movement, which means that if they integrate Natal in the Xbox there will be plenty of movement around...

Has nobody else thought of the disc scratch problem?

Tags: Add Tags