bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 17th Jul 2009, 09:10   #101
mvagusta
Did a skid that went for two weeks.

mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Thanks everyone. I'm getting paranoid now. So much good stuff has happened this week, I'm sure something's going to counterbalance it.
Your thread got jacked by gay trolls, so i'd say everything is balanced now. Congrats and enjoy
mvagusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2009, 09:12   #102
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Nice one MM.

Congrats Cheaps! Well deserved.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2009, 20:45   #103
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Thanks guys!
@Oldnewby - I did E-mail a general inquiry. The rest is Dan from Danger Den being awesome.
Page 1-4 updates.
Page 5 ...cross dressing trolls.
...remember to avoid page 5!
I was wrong. I do owe you an update. I thought I had posted some of this already.

-I'm rough on stray lumber...

-This week has been about cutting the ear-like bits on the access panels.

-The first one is done, but why does it seem so familiar...

-Oh! I see now! Thank you subconscious. You have tainted my work once again!

-I did the corner sections next. I had to flip the model and re code for the last four.

-I got a little too daring with the blank size. I was forced to hold the parts down for the last pass.

-I cut out the drive bay parts with the scroll saw. -A word of advice: Using one of these saws on carpet may be quieter, but you will feel like someone stabbed you in the eyes afterward. It was like watching a 70's car chase scene.
This layout shows I could put 3 drives in, but I wouldn't get much airflow.

-This is how I will be spacing the drives this time. The slats on the bottom give me space for screws, and the ones on top will help reinforce the cage.

-So now I have a really heavy pile of parts waiting to get sanded. Let the dust storm of 2009 begin!

This pile of plastic will soon be adorned with pretty hardware from:

and:

Thanks again!!!
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2009, 21:51   #104
DESTroyed22
PC User For Life

DESTroyed22 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hmmmmmm nice mod cheap!! could be worse u know, the last board u cut could have all kinds of jagged lines, just when u thought everything was going smoothly
DESTroyed22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2009, 01:17   #105
ModMinded
Are you throwing that away?

ModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
@ DESTroyed22... shhhh! Don't jinx him, otherwise perplekks45 might start blaming you!
Looking great cheaps! Have fun sanding!

Last edited by ModMinded; 18th Jul 2009 at 01:24. Reason: sanding
ModMinded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2009, 01:59   #106
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.

Marilyn made me do it.
Old 18th Jul 2009, 02:03   #107
stuartwood89
Please... Just call me Stu.

stuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Then that tells me that she likes the red lingerie too...

Project - Storm Scout Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
I thought Dragonforce were like a joke/troll rock band? Ya'know, like Nickelback?
stuartwood89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2009, 02:10   #108
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartwood89 View Post
Then that tells me that she likes the red lingerie too...
jhanlon303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2009, 04:51   #109
500mph
The Right man in the Wrong place

500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lingerie aside, I love the drive bay rails

500mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2009, 05:00   #110
KayinBlack
I Endure

KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.
Congrats on the sponsors!!!

DD is sponsoring me too, I just have to get the next log up on the intertubes. Probably do that tomorrow after work.

Quit chopping up the locals to make tools.-Cheapskate
KayinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2009, 09:25   #111
murtoz
Busy procrastinating

murtoz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by perplekks45 View Post
Seems like I really started something with the Cheaps-blaming. Sorry mate.
Why are you apologising for something that can only really be entirely cheaps' fault!?
murtoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2009, 14:43   #112
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.

I think I deserve some rep. [insert John's ROFL smiley here]
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Old 18th Jul 2009, 17:51   #113
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Thanks
@Destroyed - The scroll saw cuts were getting bad near the end. My eyes were burning. There will be a lot of sanding.
@John - Right...She forced you... I believe that. Obviously someone took the term 'teddy bear' too far.
@Kayin - Cool! Congratulations.
Old 18th Jul 2009, 17:56   #114
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

Quote:

I think I deserve some rep. [insert John's ROFL smiley here]
Done and Done
jhanlon303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2009, 19:27   #115
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Cheers!

This thread needs more action! Cheaps! Hurry!
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Old 19th Jul 2009, 04:52   #116
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Quote:
Cheers!

This thread needs more action! Cheaps! Hurry!
Done and done.

-Legoman666 was kind enough to give me his damaged XSPC360 rad. He's drilled out the holes, used his dishwasher to degrease it, (and remove some of the paint,) and drilled a hole in one of the channels... That's why he felt he could part with it. I'm thinking of using this to update bloo, so I have plenty of time to fix it.

-First there was some exploratory surgery done...

-OW! There's a 3/8" deep gash in one of the channels!

-Let's get the patient back on the table...

-Only that soldering iron isn't manly enough for the job. I need something that makes the lights flicker... and can heat the material faster the fins can remove it.

-That's better, but it still leaks.

-Part of the problem is that it's still oily from Legoman's coolant. I happen to have some industrial degreaser.

-That doubles as a paint stripper. That should take care of both the things that were in my way.

-Radiator patching can be a real pain in the *ss. This is my leak testing setup. A modified garden sprayer, (This is also used as an airbrush compressor -Cheap b*stard!) and Mr. Bubble.:P After about 6 tries of solder/test, I have it very close to patched. The leak is slow enough now that have to dry everything out to find it.
Thanks again Legoman! This will come in handy. I just need to make it less ugly.

oh, while that was in the tub, I did a test cut of my donut insert. I got it coded close enough that I went ahead and glued it in place, and did the other one too.

My sponsors are in no way related to the carnage you have seen in this post.

Old 19th Jul 2009, 05:05   #117
legoman666
Beat to fit, paint to match.

legoman666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremellegoman666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What have you done to my poor radiator?!?!? Actually, it doesn't look too bad with the paint gone. The comment about the fins transferring away the heat gave me a chuckle. That means the rad is working

I tried to get as much oil off as possible. Can you smell it? That's what every damn thing in my house smells like. To top it off, after attempting to clean the rad in the dishwasher, the fricken dishwasher smelled like the oil too. Good luck with the patching, it's a pretty good rad.
legoman666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2009, 07:00   #118
Djayness
phwupupupup

Djayness is definitely a rep cheat.Djayness is definitely a rep cheat.Djayness is definitely a rep cheat.Djayness is definitely a rep cheat.Djayness is definitely a rep cheat.Djayness is definitely a rep cheat.Djayness is definitely a rep cheat.Djayness is definitely a rep cheat.Djayness is definitely a rep cheat.Djayness is definitely a rep cheat.Djayness is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
To top it off, after attempting to clean the rad in the dishwasher
Oh man only at bit-tech.
Djayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2009, 10:38   #119
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Quote:
To top it off, after attempting to clean the rad in the dishwasher, ...
Classic!

Oh, and that's some nice repair and paint removing going on here. Thanks for the action.
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Old 19th Jul 2009, 10:46   #120
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Quote:
To top it off, after attempting to clean the rad in the dishwasher, the fricken dishwasher smelled like the oil too.
+rep

also +1 rofl

Oh and not to go totally OT, good work on the repairs, cheap! Though for leak testing I would have dropped the rad in water and pressurized it with air instead. Might be just me, but air bubbles in water might be easier to see, and also make the exact spot of leakage more obvious.

Tags
blame it on cheaps, cheap's fault, cheapskate, crackskate, master of acrylic, plexiglas

View Mode