DonT-FeaR
I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

DonT-FeaR has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
looks great mate..
DonT-FeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2009, 12:12   #122
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yes, you can has sponsor lolz.

Fantastic work so far my friend, all is coming together very well, I can't wait for more .
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08

Last edited by The boy 4rm oz; 19th Jul 2009 at 17:24.
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2009, 16:51   #123
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Thanks.
@Legoman - I couldn't get the stink out with the degreaser soak either. I thought about pressure washing it, but I already bent the fins with the garden hose. I'm not sure what they were thinking painting buffed aluminum anyway.
@jipa - water + live 350watt solder gun= dead clumsy cheapskate. I have the Mr. bubble handy for working on gas lines...and for blowing bubbles.

You people shouldn't be surprised about Legoman's dishwasher use. His only mistake was that he forgot to turn off the heated drying cycle. It's an old mechanic's trick.
Cheapskate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2009, 09:21   #124
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I hope you didn't put any dishes in that dishwasher at the same time as the rad, legoman. I can't imagine the state they'd be in after that.

But anyway, blame cheaps!
Ending Credits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 00:28   #125
legoman666
Beat to fit, paint to match.

legoman666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremellegoman666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Update!? Did you fix that rad?
legoman666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 01:56   #126
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
oops. Sorry. I haven't got to it yet. I had two move-in deadlines this week, and I have done nothing. I'm thinking I'll slather it with rain gutter sealant and call it finished.
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 02:32   #127
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
oops. Sorry. I haven't got to it yet. I had two move-in deadlines this week, and I have done nothing. I'm thinking I'll slather it with rain gutter sealant and call it finished.
Not your style. Do it right in your own time. Do it good or I'll send a Red Lingerie Troll to haunt you. Promise, I will!

You put up the good fight as a Ghetto modder but you haz teh skillz.

john
jhanlon303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 17:41   #128
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

I have my reasons. Solder work tends to go like this: Solder, tiny leak, solder, big leak, solder, tiny-tiny leak, solder, HUGE leak, -etc.

I just contacted DangerDen, and my E-mail service goes on the blink. It's Bloo all over again...
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 18:00   #129
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Well, your own bloody fault.

But John is right, take your time.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2009, 02:36   #130
mvagusta
Did a skid that went for two weeks.

mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
So what you are saying is that the hole is too big and you can't fill it?
mvagusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2009, 10:29   #131
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
^ Pwn3d!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2009, 17:17   #132
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

D*mn, dude. So cruel.
I ran water through it with no leak. I tried to pressure test it by filling it, capping it, and placing it on a lava lamp base. I found out it can cool 25 watts passively. after about 30 minutes I got a super tiny droplet of water.
Old 25th Jul 2009, 00:21   #133
legoman666
Beat to fit, paint to match.

legoman666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremellegoman666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
D*mn, dude. So cruel.
I ran water through it with no leak. I tried to pressure test it by filling it, capping it, and placing it on a lava lamp base. I found out it can cool 25 watts passively. after about 30 minutes I got a super tiny droplet of water.
Are you going to keep trying or are you satisfied with the small droplet of water?
legoman666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jul 2009, 01:02   #134
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

I might hit it with the 30 watt iron and add the gutter glue to be safe.

-I got the ears rough sanded. I noticed an interesting effect caused by the blue inserts too.

-I glued the backplate layers together and sanded the bottom of the L to make 2 reference edges.

-This update is in random mode. I used the 90 degree jig to sand the HD parts. I taped the sides together to make them the same size.

-I'm not a zombie!! My first mod-related injury! I dragged my hand across the mill bit. This could have been much worse. Lucky I only had a 1/8" bit in the machine.

-In order to mount the I/O plate in the machine, I had to get bigger wood.

-I'm pushing my luck again. I will need to remember that 1"+ thick parts have even less clearance.

-I sanded and polished the edges, and I must say this is the best one of these I've made...for now. We will see if it stays so pretty when I start slinging the glue.

-Someone asked what I use to polish. Somewhere in this mess is a buffing wheel.

-After seeing the cost of 4-axis CAM software, I have decided the rest of the project will be done in MDF.

Just kidding. I need a platform to hold the big panel on the mill.

-I was too cheap to buy 3/4", so I'm gluing 2 1/4" bits together. Out came my lead shot collection, and everything else in the garage that looked heavy.

-Anyone who follows my logs can tell you what these marks mean: Time lag between updates! I'm starting the beveling. I should have done this in the milling stage.

I'd like to thank my sponsors again.

and:

Last edited by Cheapskate; 25th Jul 2009 at 17:46.
Old 26th Jul 2009, 10:02   #135
ringo
Supermodder

ringo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very cool desing, I will follow your project.
ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jul 2009, 16:20   #136
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Thank you ringo.
Old 27th Jul 2009, 03:47   #137
ModMinded
Are you throwing that away?

ModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very nice, Whats the cool unexpected effect of the plexi rings?
Old 27th Jul 2009, 04:31   #138
-dB-
Unrestricted

-dB- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
looks like there is a bit of colour bleeding happening there. looking great cheaps!
Old 27th Jul 2009, 09:35   #139
DonT-FeaR
I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

DonT-FeaR has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
great work mate :P
DonT-FeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2009, 09:40   #140
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Is it just me or is there innuendo in every post?
Good work cheaps - I'm tuned in

Tags
blame it on cheaps, cheap's fault, cheapskate, crackskate, master of acrylic, plexiglas

View Mode