bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 27th Jul 2009, 16:32   #141
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
It's Cheaps' fault!

Oh, and yes, Sir, you're right.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2009, 02:27   #142
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Thanks everyone.
@Stonedsurd - I think it's just you.
@MM - That little chunk of blue changed the edge color of the whole part.

Finished a HUGE step today...

-First I had to build Plank 2.0 from MDF.

-I glued the I/O plate on. I got some clouding and splash from the glue, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I let that sit 24 hours to cure.

-Mill mess 2.0.

-I bought this Dremel bit a while back for one specific porpoise: It's a perfect center point finder. I had to align the panel to the machine. First I used the point to line up on the far edge of the part, and clamped down that end.

-Then I ran the X axis down to the other end, adjusted the part, and clamped it down completely. Once that was done I moved the point to the origin mark, and set the X & Y machine coordinates to zero.

-Clamping's a b*tch. I lucked out with the odd shape of the vice grips.

-And away we go! ...At least that's how I felt when this started. It got painful after a while. I nearly paced a hole in the carpet.

-Cut two; electric boogaloo.

-Just burying that bit... This 3/16" bit is a handy thing. The shank size is the same as the cutting head, so I can plunge it farther than the blades. I had to babysit and constantly clean the chips out of the groove though.

-For cut three I added something for fun. I slapped together a vent pattern last night and decided to cut for the hell of it.

-Three hours, twenty minutes later...
I have some blocks to play with now too.

Everybody give a big THANKS to my future sponsors!!

aaannnd!
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2009, 02:48   #143
mvagusta
Did a skid that went for two weeks.

mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mvagusta is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
...I lucked out with the odd shape of the vice grips...
I had to re-read that bit, because the first time i thought i read virgins. I like the vent next to the i/o plate, lots of nice curvy bits in this mod
mvagusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2009, 02:57   #144
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
D*mn! That was quick.
Thanks.

-See, Stonedsurd - it's all in the mind.
Old 28th Jul 2009, 03:07   #145
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This is very nice! Needs some picture work though. Monkeys, Trolls, something! You are doing very well on the project but it needs embellishment. Want me to mail a cross dressing Troll to you now?

I like it!

john
Old 28th Jul 2009, 03:21   #146
ModMinded
Are you throwing that away?

ModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Like the vent design!
Curious to see how you hold up the pci cards n i/o's.
Old 28th Jul 2009, 04:36   #147
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That grill looks very good, great work cheaps.
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2009, 04:49   #148
Javerh
Topiary Golem

Javerh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ahh! Progress is always nice! So is this! Very good!
The flowing lines remind me of SNiiPE_DoGG's FLOW.
Modders make project logs. Project logs make mods. Mods make modders.
Javerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2009, 07:25   #149
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Nice job on that rear plate.
Quote:
See, Stonedsurd - it's all in the mind.
and yes, I see what you mean
Old 28th Jul 2009, 08:29   #150
DonT-FeaR
I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

DonT-FeaR has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
very cool congrats on sponsers!
DonT-FeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jul 2009, 13:45   #151
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
LOVE the vent!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Old 28th Jul 2009, 16:27   #152
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Thanks!
@John - I get the hint. DO NOT send the kinky troll! Even now I'm pricing racetrack models. Any idea if you can buy Jello in bulk?
@MM - Oh, Sh*t! For a second you had me thinking I cut up the spot where the vid mount would go. The block cut from the I/O hole will be used as a clamp bar. I'm stealing Oldnewby's trick. I liked it. I didn't have enough room for individual screw holes.
@Stonedsurd - John complained because of the lack of dirty jokes. I can't win.
Old 28th Jul 2009, 16:29   #153
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Is there a reason you don't comment on my posts?
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Old 29th Jul 2009, 16:48   #154
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Well, THAT will get you a comment.
I guess I owe you a more personal thank you...
*ahem*
Thank you perplekks45, for keeping all my projects since Bloo easy to find, (by keeping them on page one.) Yes, I've noticed.
Old 29th Jul 2009, 22:29   #155
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'm just a bumper-bot.
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Old 30th Jul 2009, 01:08   #156
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Thanks!
@John - I get the hint. DO NOT send the kinky troll! Even now I'm pricing racetrack models. Any idea if you can buy Jello in bulk?
@MM - Oh, Sh*t! For a second you had me thinking I cut up the spot where the vid mount would go. The block cut from the I/O hole will be used as a clamp bar. I'm stealing Oldnewby's trick. I liked it. I didn't have enough room for individual screw holes.
@Stonedsurd - John complained because of the lack of dirty jokes. I can't win.
Hey! The John knows "cough" 40 years worth of dirty jokes in several languages. Did you hear the one about the Priest, the Rabbi, the Altar boy, confession, and the 2 candy bars and the Coke?

john
Old 30th Jul 2009, 06:11   #157
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
No, so tell us. This is Cheaps'(s?) thread, I'm sure he wouldn't mind
Old 30th Jul 2009, 17:29   #158
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

That joke CAN'T end well...

I'm here to warn you I'm farting around with the Nvidia contest right now. (-and sanding stuff.)
The next update will have to wait for incoming parts.
Old 30th Jul 2009, 18:03   #159
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

Quote:
That joke CAN'T end well...

I'm here to warn you I'm farting around with the Nvidia contest right now. (-and sanding stuff.)
The next update will have to wait for incoming parts.
You go do the work and I'll be the USO show to keep the troops happy.

"Father Flanaghan and Rabbi Smith are best golfing buddies. One day the good Priest gets the flu and asks the Rabbi to hear confessions for him. Rabbi says he doesn't know what penance to give out. Father says that's OK I'll have an Altar boy there to help you.

So the Rabbi hears a couple confessions and hand out several Hail Mary and Our Fathers. Then a young cheerleader comes in and says Father forgive me for I did oral sex for my boyfriend.
The Rabbi says to the Altar boy "What does Father Flanaghan usually give for Oral Sex?

The Altar boy says "two candy bars and a Coke!"

3 1/2 years in the Seminary all I have to show for it is Priest jokes.

john
Old 30th Jul 2009, 20:14   #160
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

OUCH!

Rep for that!
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Tags
blame it on cheaps, cheap's fault, cheapskate, crackskate, master of acrylic, plexiglas

View Mode