bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Hardware

View Poll Results: Which joypad do you recommend?
Xbox 360 for PC (Microsoft) 28 80.00%
Dual action (logitech) 2 5.71%
Rumblepad 2 (logitech) 4 11.43%
Other (please specify 4 11.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4th Jul 2009, 00:02   #1
mystvearn
any-may

mystvearn has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmystvearn has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmystvearn has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmystvearn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Recommend Joypad for PC (want to play Street Fighter 4 & Devil May cry 4)

Hi,

I just got a hold of these two games, and there is a problem playing with my Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 keyboard. Just does not seem right. Also, its cheaper to abuse a joypad than this keyboard.

Which joypad do you recommend? May use it for FIFA as well.

Can I play with 2 people offline in SF4? I only found one site saying 1-2 players, and the rest does not. So I'm not sure, and because I only have one keyboard, I'm not sure as well.
mystvearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2009, 00:38   #2
mars-bar-man
Side bewb.

mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.mars-bar-man is definitely a rep cheat.
The 360 pad?
Old 4th Jul 2009, 00:43   #3
Fod
what is the cheesecake?

Fod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run Crysis
hah for beatemups the 360 pad is useless. you can use the ps3 pad with a bluetooth dongle and the relevant drivers, though.

for everything but beat em ups, the 360 pad is pretty much the goto choice though.
Old 4th Jul 2009, 00:43   #4
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
+1 on the xbox 360 controller.
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2009, 02:04   #5
mystvearn
any-may

mystvearn has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmystvearn has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmystvearn has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmystvearn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I heard you cannot configure the buttons on the 360 pad? Correct if I'm wrong.
Old 4th Jul 2009, 02:42   #6
JaredC01
Hardware Nut

JaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If you can't set the 360 controller up in game, there's a program you can download called 'xpadder' that allows you to set keyboard for each of the buttons on the 360's controller. +1 for the 360 (using the Microsoft Wireless Dongle to connect the same wireless controller from your 360 cheesecake).
|i7 920 @ 3.8 HT On||Corsair H50 Push/Pull||EVGA Classified E760||12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600||MSI GTX 580||X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro||WD HDDs (1TB Boot, 2x 500GB RAID 0 Scratch, 2x 2TB RAID 1 Storage)||Revolution 1050w||Corsair 650D||Dell 3007WFP||Logitech Z5500 // G930||Logitech G510 // Razer Mamba|
--If I helped you, please give me rep!
JaredC01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2009, 03:42   #7
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
My favourite joypad for any purpose is definitely the Dual-Shock for PSX or PS2.

One of those with a USB adapter is unbeatable for me.
Old 4th Jul 2009, 09:19   #8
mystvearn
any-may

I have added a poll. Makes it easier for me to see which is popular
Old 4th Jul 2009, 11:28   #9
Fod
what is the cheesecake?

Fod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run Crysis
I'd just like to clarify why the 360 pad sucks for only beatemups: the d pad is useless. You can't reliably pull off combos with it because you can never push the exact direction. This was the only multiplatform game I chose to get on the ps3, for this reason.
Old 4th Jul 2009, 23:19   #10
ukgeezer
What's a Dremel?

ukgeezer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
360 all the way
ukgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2009, 23:37   #11
mystvearn
any-may

I notice that PC version of the Xbox 360 is more expansive than the xbox 360 controller itself...
Old 4th Jul 2009, 23:42   #12
JaredC01
Hardware Nut

JaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystvearn View Post
I notice that PC version of the Xbox 360 is more expansive than the xbox 360 controller itself...
Do you have a 360 already? If you do, just spend the $20 and buy the Microsoft wireless receiver for PC... You can use the same controllers you do on your 360, for your PC.
|i7 920 @ 3.8 HT On||Corsair H50 Push/Pull||EVGA Classified E760||12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600||MSI GTX 580||X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro||WD HDDs (1TB Boot, 2x 500GB RAID 0 Scratch, 2x 2TB RAID 1 Storage)||Revolution 1050w||Corsair 650D||Dell 3007WFP||Logitech Z5500 // G930||Logitech G510 // Razer Mamba|
Old 4th Jul 2009, 23:56   #13
mystvearn
any-may

No consoles. Only have a pc. So my game choices are limited.
Old 5th Jul 2009, 04:35   #14
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurechial View Post
My favourite joypad for any purpose is definitely the Dual-Shock for PSX or PS2.

One of those with a USB adapter is unbeatable for me.
Agreed. It's also incredibly efficient for emulated SNES/NES/etc games. I also had ePSXe set up to run Gran Turismo 2 once and I swear I could not tell the difference between playing it on the Pc or on the PSX itself. The sound, the controller, the graphics, everything was PERFECT. It was quite impressive

What's great about the 360 controller is that some game recognize it right away you and you don't have to mess around with controls. Trackmania, GTA4, Braid come to mind but there are certainly others
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2009, 06:22   #15
JaredC01
Hardware Nut

Grid is another one that immediately recognizes the 360 controller.
Old 5th Jul 2009, 09:53   #16
mystvearn
any-may

If I get 2 wireless xbox 360 or wireless rumblepad, is there an issue of clashing with each other? One controller can control the other player?
Old 5th Jul 2009, 14:43   #17
goldstar0011
I *am* a Dremel

goldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
360 pad all the way, lost count of the amount of times I've played a game on a PC then been able to play it straight away on the 360 console
goldstar0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2009, 14:46   #18
Fod
what is the cheesecake?

I honestly think everyone here is reading the first four words of this thread title.

The 360's D-pad will SUCK for Street Fighter. Please, please trust me on this. It's awful. It's the only area where a PS3 Dualshock pad is better. I implore you, ignore the poll.
Old 5th Jul 2009, 14:56   #19
mystvearn
any-may

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
I honestly think everyone here is reading the first four words of this thread title.

The 360's D-pad will SUCK for Street Fighter. Please, please trust me on this. It's awful. It's the only area where a PS3 Dualshock pad is better. I implore you, ignore the poll.
I have not bought any joystick yet. My tendency is to Ps2 like controller. Hoping to find cheap controllers online. Who knows if I can find for PC which cost like 3. Maybe I can get both. Give my foe the controller which I don't like (and hopefully he does not like it was well)
Old 5th Jul 2009, 16:57   #20
JaredC01
Hardware Nut

The D-Pad is far from ideal on the 360, I will agree with that, though on games NOT D-Pad depenedent, the 360 is king.

Also, to answer your earlier question, you can use up to 4 Wireless 360 controllers on a single receiver no problem.