bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 21st Jul 2009, 11:01   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Playcast launches games-on-demand service

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...mand-service/1

Playcast has launched an new games-on-demand system that could rival Onlive, but which is only available in Israel.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2009, 11:16   #2
AshT
Custom User Title

AshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Maybe these games on demand services are the future ...

But, with ISPs throttling most users it can't possibly succeed at this time, can it?
AshT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2009, 11:41   #3
Cupboard
I'm not a modder.

Cupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This may not work now, but it certainly will eventually with net speeds and hardware requirements both increasing. Because the amount of bandwidth that the services require won't be increasing that much, unless they up the resolution, this certainly should become practical even if it isn't already.
Old 21st Jul 2009, 12:29   #4
Er-El
Supermodder

Er-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think Gaikai looks like the most feasible cloud gaming solution so far.
Er-El is offline   Reply With Quote